Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Parents and Hardstyle

Postby D-Verze » 09 Feb 2010, 19:42

Since most parents seem to hate our taste of music, please post your (funny) experiences with hardstyle and you parents combined!
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (25)
Producer

Postby Zikomo » 09 Feb 2010, 19:44

So tell us your expierences :)
Zikomo
State Newcomer

Postby D-Verze » 09 Feb 2010, 19:46

Well, don't really have that much of them. My dad thinks it's cool I'm into music, but they both are way more interested in the band I'm playing in than in my producing.

When I finish a new track, they always say something like "I like the calm and easy part in the middle" :lol:
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (25)
Producer

Postby Dennis Aka Mash » 09 Feb 2010, 20:15

They don't hear my music if i keep the door of my studio shut. :P
Dennis Aka Mash (25)
State Tourist

Postby icey » 09 Feb 2010, 20:21

I remember droppin Acti - Domination(dj n3ck & vicron mix) when my nan came over my house. She woz like 'WTF is this???' She thought the house woz gona fall down haha!!! Poor fucker!!
icey (31)
State Hero

Postby waffles » 09 Feb 2010, 20:25

Well my mom hates electronic music and has a weird name for it in Spanish referring to it as music of sticks. :rofl: My dad is into trance, and dance and softer edm, hes more openminded...

Only funny thing that has happened is I walked into my dads office once, and he was dancing weird, and I couldn't really hear what he was listening to, so I got closer, and he was dancing to Ethereal Sound Machine by Dark Oscillators _O_ I was like dad you are a pimp. Even made him an early hardstyle cd... which he hasn't listened to yet... :meh:

Oh and my brother enjoy listening to headhunterz tracks and fist-pumping and being stupid :+
I'm not a dude! :D
waffles (26)
State Citizen

Postby Matz » 09 Feb 2010, 20:52

waffles:Only funny thing that has happened is I walked into my dads office once, and he was dancing weird, and I couldn't really hear what he was listening to, so I got closer, and he was dancing to Ethereal Sound Machine by Dark Oscillators _O_ I was like dad you are a pimp.

Haha, awesome dad you have :+

As for my experiences ...
They don't like it (obviously) but they've come to some 'lasser-faire' agreement
As long as I don't put the bass too loud, they don't come bouncing on my doors :D
Matz (28)
State Senior Citizen

Postby theekop » 09 Feb 2010, 21:30

they dont like it and my father finds it generic because the rythm is the same in every track.
although they find it nice that im producing a bit
http://www.youtube.com/user/AllNewMousic ----> Fresh house music mixes!
theekop (24)
State Native

Postby Subject Zero » 10 Feb 2010, 01:04

My mum doesnt seem to care, my dad is sort of interested in me producing (the actual producing not the music) since his side of the family was very musical.

Just about to buy some monitors which i wont be able to have too loud because theres a 2 year old kid next door :(. I wish i had enough money to move out lol.
Subject Zero (26)
State Hero

Postby Synchronizer » 10 Feb 2010, 12:32

My parents say that i listen to 'noise'. Yesterday my nom said: "Why do you listen to it? It's all the same"
I said: "Yeah, I think that the music that you like is also all the same(dutch dutch music)
It's because you're not into this music style, so it sounds all the same to you"

She understood my point :)

My parents do like that i can get so much joy out of the music i'm listening to:D
Synchronizer (29)
State Native

Postby SCH » 10 Feb 2010, 12:34

Mum doesn't care about what i listen to and dad doesn't live here anymore, though she dislikes that the bass makes the floor vibrate on the upper floor.. Subwoofers (L)
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (26)
Producer

Postby Martijn » 10 Feb 2010, 13:40

They both really dont like it and are as the death it's the same as hardcore :P (The image that everybody use drugs etc)
Martijn
State Newcomer

Postby Darkstorm » 10 Feb 2010, 14:04

My mom and dad just hate it. Nothing more to say. :p
Reverse bass
Darkstorm (31)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Loophole » 10 Feb 2010, 15:23

To most parents who can't stand harder EDM it all sounds the same. It's all boom, boom, boom, boom with random noises.
Fag (făg) n. 1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders. 2. A person who owns or frequently rides a Harley.
Loophole
Producer

Postby Defector » 10 Feb 2010, 15:25

my parents like that i'm busy with music but they hate the "boom, boom, rong, kong, stuiter, stuiter, tok, tok" .. so most of the time, when im alone at home, i always have my monitors on and the volume high but when everybodys at home i always put my headphone on :D
Defector - Producer/DJ Screeches, Distorted Kicks, Uplifting Melodies
Add me on my social media: Facebook / Myspace / Partyflock / Youtube Channel / Twitter
Defector (29)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles