Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Parents and Hardstyle

Postby Sedge » 09 Aug 2013, 11:28

Mum: Considering that music is a big part of her life, she doesn't mind it and finds Hardstyle to be unique. :p

Dad: He's non-existent to music, which is disappointing, he doesn't know what he's missing out on. :p

I'm happy that they don't hate Hardstyle, it makes it easier for me to blast it throughout the house whenever I'm in the mood. :D

Sedge
Sedge (23)
State Outsider

Postby striker159 » 09 Aug 2013, 14:33

my mom once asked me if the strange noises are sounds from a game :O
Darksky @ Harderstate CHB 2014 2015 2016 2017
My latest mix (1.7.18)
striker159 (27)
State Native

Postby no0 » 11 Aug 2013, 09:05

I don't live with my parents but I do live with my girlfriend. My girlfriend hates when I listen to Hardstyle outloud, even more when I'm mixing. Though she knows a few songs, I guess from repetition of playing classics over the years! Though she encourages me to mix she prefers if I did it when she's working, haha :(
no0
State Citizen

Postby Pittoreski » 20 Aug 2013, 03:56

Pretty much like like most people here, they didn't really like. About 4-5 years ago, my dad used to come in my room and dance like an idiot and then leave and label the style as music for "crazy people". I can't really blame him, he's used to listening to music like Led Zeppelin and Elton John. My mom never said anything about it. I think the most important part is that they never tried to talk me out of it or anything, I'd say they respected my choice of music.

Anyway, while I was still living with them, I was wearing headphones most of the time to not annoy them. Also, let's face it, the sound quality of a laptop is not always the best.
Pittoreski (27)
State Tourist

Postby xo0pkxo0 » 19 Sep 2013, 03:57

My parents are pretty lenient going so far to even let me shuffle in the living room while blasting the music throw youtube on my ps3, gotta love my parents!
xo0pkxo0
State Outsider

Postby Mortryx » 19 Sep 2013, 10:40

after listening hardstyle for over 6 years, today i noticed my parents always come to my room to annoy me when i'm listening some track with gated kicks :(
Mortryx (25)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Accelerator » 19 Sep 2013, 11:03

Ok, nice story to tell.

Both of my parents don't like Hardstyle at all. But i'm pretty often in the car with my dad and when i'm driving I always want to listen to some proper House or Hardstyle. My dad thinks House is ok but almost every time says I have to turn off Hardstyle. But the last time he's pretty ok'ish with some of the tracks. He likes the Unleashed podcast because of the "Melodies" and "Soundtrack style tracks".

And, I took him to the Gunz for Hire party in the 013 in The Netherlands. He didn't get it at all. But it was pretty funny. And he thought Alpha Twins were pretty ok. He thought E-Force was awful and took him in front to Gunz For Hire. He was pretty impressed about the whole atmosphere but he's still no fan of the music. But I was pretty happy he actually tried. _O_
Accelerator (26)
State Citizen

Postby Starkast » 19 Sep 2013, 11:19

My dad don't like or dislike hardstyle, He's a blues artist so it's pretty funny if i start to play "Feel The Rhythm Alpha2 remix" But my mom still calls hardstyle "techno" :( but they have both listened to much of it and they are respecting it atleast :P
Starkast (23)
State Native

Postby nCk » 19 Sep 2013, 11:47

I think my mom doesn't really care what I listen but my dad always comes to my room clapping hands like a retard and thats pretty annoying :D They really don't like if i play music loud on speakers so I have to listen with headphones pretty much all the time
nCk (22)
State Tourist

Postby Grape » 19 Sep 2013, 12:34

they just hear the bass, soooo the hate it haha (L)
Grape (26)
State Hero

Postby Dj Reaper » 19 Sep 2013, 12:45

My dad doesn´t feel anything for that music, it´s not his style, but he accepts that I produce it and tries to give me the best possible feedback from his point of view.

My mum actually loves hardstyle, only negative thing she says is that it modifies the heart beat but she loves the euphoric melodies and the epic drops after a break. She is very proud of me that I started DJing and Producing and loves my tracks. The funny thing actually is that she likes hardcore too.
I showed her some Angerfist tracks and she says that he has some very nice melodies and a very driving sound and once he was in my town and she said "ah is anglefish the guy with the mask and the cool songs? I would like to see him too!"
Dj Reaper
State Native

Postby DjVero » 19 Sep 2013, 13:06

Accelerator:
And, I took him to the Gunz for Hire party in the 013 in The Netherlands. He didn't get it at all. But it was pretty funny. And he thought Alpha Twins were pretty ok. He thought E-Force was awful and took him in front to Gunz For Hire. He was pretty impressed about the whole atmosphere but he's still no fan of the music. But I was pretty happy he actually tried. _O_

Lol...no way I would ever take my dad to a hardstyle party _O- Pubs on the other hand are a different story :+
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby timdawes » 19 Sep 2013, 13:15

i would NEVER take my folks to a hardstyle party lol. people take drugs there and i don't want them to think i do that. plus they hate it
timdawes (34)
Admin

Postby TheFreqz » 24 Sep 2013, 17:50

When i drive with my mom...shes "trained" to expect Hardstyle xD she actually liked HHZ remix of clarity saying the orginal was pretty boring! :D

But my dad is iffy, he is excited to show me the new cascade track he listens to :P but hey...its EDM so thats a start xD if i turn on HS he quickly complains :(
TheFreqz
State Newcomer

Postby GamerZoneUSA » 29 Sep 2013, 03:58

My mom hates it alot xD I ask to play my music and she says no.. But I get my permit soon and she said driver gets to pick music so c; she said she hates the kick

My dad likes it... he listens to EDM and he really likes The Prime Target because of the cut lyrics
Soundcloud Facebook Page Part of the #Atmozcrew
GamerZoneUSA (21)
State Hero

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles