Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Opinions on a future Southern UK Hardstyle club night

Postby W0ttz_Voltage » 06 Dec 2016, 18:24

So I am a up and coming promoter in Brighton UK, which is located on the south coast. We have a big Drum and bass/ house scene down here but I am looking to change the game. I have a plan in place to put on a club night showcasing Hardstyle and Hardcore. I will obviously book some big name artists to come down. The venue i will be hosting this in holds 300.

The event will be the first of its kind down here and I was just looking to get some opinions from the community, as we all want our favourite style of music to grow.

Any reply will be greatly appreciated
W0ttz_Voltage
State Outsider

Postby audiofreq » 06 Dec 2016, 19:15

From my experiences in the UK, I think partnering up with Kutski and KTRA might be the smartest thing to do.

He's obviously well known around the UK, probably a lot more than most European DJs and producers. Plus he's an excellent DJ and knows how to work almost any crowd.

So I would say test the waters with local, but well known talent like Kutski and then after you've got momentum, consider flying guest DJs over.

Best of luck bud, I'd love to see the UK scene grow more!
audiofreq
Bumpfreq & Producer

Postby mattmaniac » 07 Dec 2016, 00:34

I agree with Audiofreq get some UK hardstyle acts in first, Kutski, Dark By Design, Nutty T, Cally make it grow to bigger things. I think this is the reason the scene is dead at the moment because people are bringing everyone over from other countries and then it ends up costing a bomb to even go out.
Trance Generators
mattmaniac
State Senior Citizen

Postby solarized » 07 Dec 2016, 12:02

Having been to Brighton loads, I think it would go down a storm and I'd love this sort of thing up here in Leeds (a lot mroe regularly than we get). Defintiely speaking to Kutski would be a brilliant idea and having the KTRA name to a night would bring people in. Best of luck mate and if you pull it off, I might come down for it!
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby W0ttz_Voltage » 07 Dec 2016, 20:53

Thank you everyone for the responses. I actually had Kutski in mind, he will be the first one on the list to book. Its always good to get different peoples perspective on things.
W0ttz_Voltage
State Outsider

Postby Neon » 07 Dec 2016, 23:42

Being from near Bristol with Motion hosting many nights (Bonic before it stopped earlier this year) we need more of the scene down south! Every major Hardstyle/Hardcore event goes to Scotland and over to Ireland.

We get a lot of Happy Hardcore and Frenchcore events around but the demand is here.

Kutski is one of the best around when it comes to events in the UK!
Qlimax '14 '15 '16
Hard Bass '18
Neon (26)
State Native

Postby bassfaceBAM » 08 Dec 2016, 18:58

What sort of Style is most popular around that area? Scotland brings in alot of raw artists because it's the most popular style where I'm from. Definitely think of UK talent. There is alot of very big names to choose from and bringing in someone like Alex Kidd to do a classic hardstyle set would bring in punters I'd imagine.
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby W0ttz_Voltage » 08 Dec 2016, 19:47

This is the thing I have lived here all my life and I have never seen an event solely dedicated to the harder style. Brighton is as southern as you can get. So most of the events down here are Drum & Bass this is why we need a change! I know theres fans hiding down here.

Alex Kidd will be a great idea!
W0ttz_Voltage
State Outsider

Postby W0ttz_Voltage » 08 Dec 2016, 19:50

Also there will be 2 rooms so if there is any artists out there that will be interested in a set then let drop me a message
W0ttz_Voltage
State Outsider

Postby Neon » 09 Dec 2016, 12:03

Hardcore and grabber is the biggest genre round Bristol for the hard styles anyway.

Drum and bass dominates the 'club' scene
Qlimax '14 '15 '16
Hard Bass '18
Neon (26)
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles