Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Michel Pollen, what happened?

Postby noiseshock_of » 09 Mar 2013, 19:25

All his tracks after Smack album sound like tracks done in one night, empty kicks, cheesy feeling.
What happened to him? Some of you already said that he is not involved in "The Pitcher" anymore, being now Luc the one who produces. But i can still notice the perfect sound design and mixdown, Pollen's signature. Has he lost inspiration? Same for Donkey Rollers tracks. And does not produce for Dozer anymore.
hmu if u agree
noiseshock_of (25)
Producer

Postby unleasherz » 09 Mar 2013, 19:28

don't really like the pitchers latest tracks, maybe michel changed his taste? :O
would be really sad, i love his (a little bit) older stuff
unleasherz (22)
State Citizen

Postby Raver » 09 Mar 2013, 19:38

'Music To Keep Me Alive' and 'Let It Rain/Raw Bass' was produced by both Luc and Pollen according to Fusion Website. Some of the other releases name Luc in their credits as well. I don't know who did the main work in the tracks, and I guess we won't find out.
Pollen stopped producing for Dozer. He got help from B-Front to make 'The Journey'. And it seems Bob also helped him with the two unreleased tracks (my vision/only me) because it totally sounds like B-Front stuff.
Raver
State Celebrity

Postby Jay » 09 Mar 2013, 19:39

unleasherz:don't really like the pitchers latest tracks, maybe michel changed his taste? :O
would be really sad, i love his (a little bit) older stuff

Yeah most likely.
Luc and Pollen both produce on tracks together now. Atleast till Let it Rain. Don't know about the current previews which give me bad shiverz.
But what can you do, maybe there's going to be a good track once in a while. It's sad tho. The Pitcher was really one of my favourite producers but after Smack things got kinda worse. Going H.A.M was meh. Let it Rain was quite good again in my opinion.
Jay (25)
Diehard Set Collector

Postby The Chaser » 09 Mar 2013, 19:44

Luc never was a producer and never will be, he is sitting sometimes next to Michel in the studio, but that doesn't make him a producer.
The Chaser
Producer

Postby Raver » 09 Mar 2013, 19:55

Sorry for thinking that he could eventually have produced something when his name is in the credits. I don't have your insider information man.
Raver
State Celebrity

Postby noiseshock_of » 09 Mar 2013, 20:04

Raver:Sorry for thinking that he could eventually have produced something when his name is in the credits. I don't have your insider information man.

:rofl:
"Your message contains 6 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 10. "
hmu if u agree
noiseshock_of (25)
Producer

Postby Desertoz » 09 Mar 2013, 20:39

I don't really know what happened with him...Could be a change of taste or lack of inspiration the true answer is only from him :P
Desertoz (23)
State Senior Citizen

Postby il tonny » 09 Mar 2013, 22:00

I think they (fusion) want to make The Pitcher project more popular or their bigger product... and they are doing in the easy way you know sing a long tracks cheesy tracks... but this is the wrong way... we should something... :fist: :fist: :fist:
il tonny
State Native

Postby ceero » 09 Mar 2013, 22:29

I'll just never understood what happend to this guy. He used to be so awesome yet this new stuff he's been making for the past year or two is just so uninspired. To The End is a great track, has that good old Pollen flavour but the other tracks from the past months... Blah.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby zanshi » 09 Mar 2013, 23:09

fusion's a sinking ship anyways these days...
which is a huge, huge shame. i used to love fusion.
"ars ex scientia"
zanshi (26)
State Hero

Postby lolwuut » 09 Mar 2013, 23:15

Not sure why people think the latest Donkey Roller tracks are bad...they all have that oldschool evil dark feel to them, hard kicks and raw screeches. Just listen to the dark evil voice and hellish screeches from Sleeping Souls, Revolutions(remix), To the end, Total Domination, Not Afraid, Hoodo Voodoo. All these tracks are very rough and dark, filled with emotion and atmosphere. Seriously, i honestly dont understand why people think its bad, if anything Donkey Rollers are one of the few to stay true to their original sound and feel. These tracks even give me the same feel i got from Voice of Conscience!
lolwuut
State Citizen

Postby il tonny » 09 Mar 2013, 23:45

lolwuut:Not sure why people think the latest Donkey Roller tracks are bad...they all have that oldschool evil dark feel to them, hard kicks and raw screeches. Just listen to the dark evil voice and hellish screeches from Sleeping Souls, Revolutions(remix), To the end, Total Domination, Not Afraid, Hoodo Voodoo. All these tracks are very rough and dark, filled with emotion and atmosphere. Seriously, i honestly dont understand why people think its bad, if anything Donkey Rollers are one of the few to stay true to their original sound and feel. These tracks even give me the same feel i got from Voice of Conscience!

DR tracks IMO still good but not great and I think is hard to compare Sleeping Souls with Voice of Conscience or even The Fusion of Sound... I think the last HUGE track from the DR was Chaos... the problem is with the Pitcher project... :G
il tonny
State Native

Postby Orbi » 09 Mar 2013, 23:58

il tonny:Souls with Voice of Conscience or even The Fusion of Sound... I think the last HUGE track from the DR was Chaos... the problem is with the Pitcher project... :G

Though Chaos was essentially made in 2006 so it's probably not the best example of a modern DR track.
Orbi
State Native

Postby SCH » 09 Mar 2013, 23:59

zanshi:fusion's a sinking ship anyways these days...
which is a huge, huge shame. i used to love fusion.

Fusion indeed made me fall in love with Hardstyle, and Pollen had a big part of it (As DRs sound from 2003-2008 played a big part in that) but yeah, in these days mr Pollens´s tracks aren't very top notch in my opinion...
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (26)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles