Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

It's time for Hardstyle to have its own Blueprint

Postby bassfaceBAM » 21 Dec 2017, 11:52

I'm obviously a huge fan of hardstyle and one of the characteristics I love is its cinematic quality. Especially in the tracks B Front makes and there is many other examples way back in the early days.

I'm also a massive fan of film and television and books. For years I've longed for the best hardstye music to feature in a big budget movie. Imagine a modern Matrix film but pounding hardstyle instead of techno.
I've even thought a film about hardstyle to be the story itself. A planet governed by the Gods of the Harderstyles, warring factions, tribes devoted to their own God, Euphoric, Raw, Reverse Bass.

All sounds very silly but then so is alot of Sci fi. Imagine the film to open up and the dialogue is

"Somewhere out there in the vast nothingness of space"

Yesterday I came across Vee's Theme from Ferry Corstens concept album Blueprint and was blown away by it. I then read the description in the YouTube video and how it's an album with narrative and story with the feel of H G Wells. Intrigued and excited I instantly bought it.

What a joy start to finish. A real story about tolerance, wonder and love. I can't believe how well it was put together. The actors, the singing, the story and of course the music. I'm not a big trance guy. Not huge of Ferry even though I like a few of his hits.
But this is an album that's special.

Hardstyle needs this. It needs it's own Blueprint. The closest there is, is Gearbox's Mechanical Warfare but that was nothing like this.

Imagine B Front or Audiofreq or GeckO making an album alongside a genuine scriptwriter of real talent.

Honestly I would not be surprised if Corstens Blueprint becomes an actual film for the big screen.

Recommend all to listen to it. You will not regret it.
I've put a link to a highlight track from the album below

https://youtu.be/qkt_Cik5JmY
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby ThePrincipal » 21 Dec 2017, 12:56

Blueprint is fucking amazing. Ferry is a genius

But hardstyle crowds are not very good at appreciating 'genius' I find, so not sure we'll get what you're after.
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby Neko » 21 Dec 2017, 13:37

ThePrincipal:Blueprint is fucking amazing. Ferry is a genius

But hardstyle crowds are not very good at appreciating 'genius' I find, so not sure we'll get what you're after.

I see what you mean, but I would argue that neither trance crowds really do though. Was visiting Transmission at prague this year and I was enjoying Ferry Corsten's performance and Markus Schulz' aswell (awesome set with awesome visuals) since they both really tried to tell a story with their sets. The crowd obviously enjoyed it aswell, but I didn't feel like that the crowd was really that different to a qlimax crows or something. They all really enjoyed the music and that was it basically. But again, I only visited one trance event.
Such story telling albums work really well at home for me. Trance can easily be a more "listen to at home" kinda music, while hardstyle is purely intended for dancefloors (So was trance but nowdays not as much as it used to).
But, I would really love to see such an idea brought into hardstyle nontheless. I mean, we already got albums like Warface - The 9 Circles which kinda goes in that direction already, but this idea could be implemented more strongly.
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (26)
Producer

Postby bassfaceBAM » 22 Dec 2017, 12:01

There is so many albums out a year that there is space for one intended for the house or car. I mean even B Front with In My Mind in fact that sequence of Enigma last 30 seconds into In My Mind and then Silent Scream isn't very dancefloor friendly.

And the hardstyle crowd I feel can be more open than the trance crowd. Audiofreq is very much respected from his fan base even with his last album deviating from hardstyle so much. I think the only real hard sell is the Dutch crowd. You still got all of Europe, Australia and America that would welcome it.
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby bassfaceBAM » 02 Jan 2018, 02:43

Right I am on a mission!
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby bassfaceBAM » 02 Jan 2018, 02:44

Been listening to alot of Sogma Productions. This guy needs to be in charge of Hardstyles own epic concept saga
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby bassfaceBAM » 02 Jan 2018, 02:45

I'm going to keep this an active topic in the hope some one out there will take thus idea to the next level.
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby bassfaceBAM » 02 Jan 2018, 02:48

Admin feel free to to change the topic name to anything else.
Ps like "Adamskibeats dream!"

Pss that's me Adamskibeat even though am BassfaceBAM.

Psss MWI
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby The-SillyAk » 13 Jan 2018, 05:43

The only time I have ever heard of Hardstyle in a movie was XOXO (2016 Film). It was set at a music festival and the track that played was Mellow by TNT & Showtek, which only lasted for like 8 seconds.

As far as the genre of EDM goes for being part of movie soundtracks, trance fits perfectly as alot of the songs take you on a journey. Hardstyle doesn't work as well because the kick is so prominent and so fast. Of course you could get instrumental versions of existing tracks tracks such as It's All In The Game by Coone & HD and of course you could get Sogma productions but in my mind this isn't 'Hardstyle', despite it being made by Hardstyle producers and sitting at 150bpm. If you want to hear actual Hardstyle tracks in a movie, some tracks that I think could work potentially work in a movie, on some level, would be 1998 by TNT, Warcry by Ecstatic, Underground by Ecstatic, A Broken Story by Audiotricz. Even then, I can't ever imagine what movie scene they'd fit into, except for something where the character is struggling to escape somewhere, finally breaks free and starts running and as they break free the kick drops.

Just my thoughts, but I do love the idea. If I ever heard Hardstyle in a movie, I would genuinely cry from happiness.

I am surprised video games don't utilise Hardstyle tracks or elements. That would make more sense than a film.
Can't go past those Alan Watts samples.
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby The-SillyAk » 13 Jan 2018, 06:01

Okay, well, I started doing some research and it does feature every now and again in small samples.
Check out this trailer, it's lol worthy.
https://www.reddit.com/r/hardstyle/comm ... e_theater/
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby bassfaceBAM » 16 Jan 2018, 02:30

Will check that out. A film that had a Hardstyle score doesn't need to have the soundtrack played constantly and it doesn't need to always have the kick nor should it. You may argue it is not hardstyle without the kick if you want but hardstyle is even more than just the kick. It's the attitude and atmosphere it brings. An action film with large scale battle scenes and close quarter combat would fit perfectly with a full on hardstyle kick. I agree it would work great in video games. I've made a playlist on YouTube of hardstyle (and a little hardcore) to show off the epic, cinematic scope this music has.
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby The-SillyAk » 16 Jan 2018, 04:46

bassfaceBAM:Will check that out. A film that had a Hardstyle score doesn't need to have the soundtrack played constantly and it doesn't need to always have the kick nor should it. You may argue it is not hardstyle without the kick if you want but hardstyle is even more than just the kick. It's the attitude and atmosphere it brings. An action film with large scale battle scenes and close quarter combat would fit perfectly with a full on hardstyle kick. I agree it would work great in video games. I've made a playlist on YouTube of hardstyle (and a little hardcore) to show off the epic, cinematic scope this music has.

I enjoyed reading that, but I will have to disagree, just on my own opinion.
How would that then differ to any other movie track overlay in a film? What would make it Hardstyle if it weren't for the kick? Maybe the fact that it has claps, or that its at 150bpm? Otherwise it would sound similar to what already exists but maybe done by a Hardstyle producer.
Unless, you can get some sogma stuff going on, with some big sounds and atmosphere - then it's potentially passable.
Can you link the youtube, i'd be interested!
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby bassfaceBAM » 20 Jan 2018, 22:17

That's sound mate we can't always agree on things. The way I look at it, is if take one of the many epic film scores out there Howard Shores Lord of the Rings for example, it is a score entirely of classical music but it has so many variations within it. The loud brass and percussion during the epic fight sequences, the softer chords of a piano and the strings during the more intimate moments and sinister horror tones during the scary bits. A film composer who knows hardstyle or at least in collaboration with could produce a score that is entirely hardstyle with the many variations within that genre, the euphoric the raw the early the psy and dub, the trancier elements dark and uplifting techno and dnb. Hardstyle also has a few instances of chilled, classical mood pieces from Sogma as we mentioned and guys like Thera and B Front. Put it this way, if B Front said he was making a concept album with all his greatest works but done in the style of Darkness inside You. An album with just his sweeping epic atmospheric synths and those menacing hardstyle notes. That is exciting to me and still hardstyle. If a film score did that but also had the 155 bpm beats during the right moments is the way I think it should be done. And will send a link too mate for that playlist. It's not in the perfect order though still adding to it (and some times removing songs too)
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby bassfaceBAM » 20 Jan 2018, 22:18

Mind this mainly hardstyle but some hardcore

The Power of the Harderstyles: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8wNzroBAMI
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Celebrity

Postby The-SillyAk » 21 Jan 2018, 01:06

Oh shit, you actually made a playlist.
Fuck... nice work man! :one: :one: :one: :one:

Ill have a check.
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles