Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Guess The Track! - ID Track Guess & Post Game

Postby MuSiCkiLL8or » 19 Nov 2015, 18:32

I noticed a lack of activity in the "ID Contests" lately so I thought of a new fresh concept.
However this concept should NOT replace the original ID Contest.
The original Contest has still things like points/medals and lots of time to guess which this game does not provide.

Here's how it works:

You post 1 track and the person who guessed it right at first can post the next track and so on.
Detailed rules:
Show spoiler
- If no one guesses it in 48h then the poster has to reveal it. The moment he reveals it, anyone can post a new ID track! So it's first come first served (FCFS).
- A user can only guess a maximum of 5 tracks a month. This is to prevent experts to kill the joy.
(For example user1 posts a track, then user2 solves it and posts a new one which user1 solves and so on...you know these guys :p )
- The length of the track extract is up to you but 30 seconds is a good value I think.
- If nobody has a clue which track it might be, the original poster can give some hints. (after 24h)
- You can't get any points/medals unlike the original ID Contest.
- If you're sure that you have guessed the right track, you don't have to wait for the original poster to confirm it. Just post a new one :)
- Of course: NO Softwares like Shazam are allowed. You're also not allowed to ask others for help

The reason for this topic:
Show spoiler
I think more users would participate, especially those who usually think they don't have a chance at winning and therefore don't guess in the first place.
This concept is a bit more "noob-friendly" in the aspect that it is FCFS.
You don't have to know the majority of 30 tracks to be able to post your ID track.
If you're fast and you know the track, you can post a new one :)
Another advantage is that you don't have to wait for weeks to find out about the title!

I'm open to new rules or the change of rules so let me know if you have any suggestions or questions!

So let's start :D

Last edited by MuSiCkiLL8or on 06 Dec 2015, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
MuSiCkiLL8or (22)
State Citizen

Postby thePastworld » 19 Nov 2015, 18:56

Haha nice idea!
It's "Showtek - Memories" ;)

So here is my one :)
thePastworld (19)
State Native

Postby MuSiCkiLL8or » 19 Nov 2015, 19:26

thePastworld:Haha nice idea!
It's "Showtek - Memories" ;)

Nice that's correct!
Ofcourse if you recognize the track you don't have to prepare a new one before giving the solution.
Just post the right track name and edit your post later with a new track :)
MuSiCkiLL8or (22)
State Citizen

Postby thePastworld » 19 Nov 2015, 20:02

MuSiCkiLL8or:Just post the right track name and edit your post later with a new track :)

Ah okay :)
thePastworld (19)
State Native

Postby Amduscia » 20 Nov 2015, 14:40

thePastworld:

Klone - Drgaon's Lair 2007/Revisit The Lair

the original is true classic! One of mein first early hardstyle tracks.

This one is quite challenging. Lets just say it took me quite awhile to get this id'd and oh boy till this day i never felt so satisfied ever and here i bring to you some hidden gem that never gets the attention it deserved

Clue 1 - Nope, it has nothing to do with the Italians and this track hits way back in the early 2000s. It has German written all over it (L)

Clue 2 -
Last edited by Amduscia on 21 Nov 2015, 02:06, edited 3 times in total.
Amduscia
State Newcomer

Postby Grape » 20 Nov 2015, 16:07

not relating to the track above. are we allowed to guess in a group? like "oh this really sounds like a suntec track, but i don't even know which one" or like "oh this must be some 2011ish early-raw track" . or just wild track guesses? :D
Grape (24)
State Hero

Postby MuSiCkiLL8or » 20 Nov 2015, 16:53

Grape:not relating to the track above. are we allowed to guess in a group? like "oh this really sounds like a suntec track, but i don't even know which one" or like "oh this must be some 2011ish early-raw track" . or just wild track guesses? :D

That would be really really cool if we would do that!
I always kinda wanted to do that in the original ID contest but of course I didn't want to give tips to my opponents (6)
It would increase the fun much more :) But in the end the person who guessed the whole title can post a new track, but I think that's ok.
Also, the original poster can give hints after for example 24h if we are really clueless :D
MuSiCkiLL8or (22)
State Citizen

Postby MuSiCkiLL8or » 21 Nov 2015, 16:55

Amduscia:This one is quite challenging. Lets just say it took me quite awhile to get this id'd and oh boy till this day i never felt so satisfied ever and here i bring to you some hidden gem that never gets the attention it deserved

Clue 1 - Nope, it has nothing to do with the Italians and this track hits way back in the early 2000s. It has German written all over it (L)

Clue 2 -

I just know that the beginning should be a sample of some "Rotkäppchen"(Little Red Riding Hood) Movie. But that didn't help me much.
Don't really know much about tracks from that era unfortunately :D
MuSiCkiLL8or (22)
State Citizen

Postby Amduscia » 23 Nov 2015, 04:43

MuSiCkiLL8or:I just know that the beginning should be a sample of some "Rotkäppchen"(Little Red Riding Hood) Movie. But that didn't help me much.

I'm not gonna lie, it took me almost 8 years searchin everywhere on the net for this song and even made a few German friends on the way :D
>protip : Guy is from Switzerland
Amduscia
State Newcomer

Postby MuSiCkiLL8or » 23 Nov 2015, 19:57

Amduscia:
MuSiCkiLL8or:I just know that the beginning should be a sample of some "Rotkäppchen"(Little Red Riding Hood) Movie. But that didn't help me much.

I'm not gonna lie, it took me almost 8 years searchin everywhere on the net for this song and even made a few German friends on the way :D
>protip : Guy is from Switzerland

Haha nice man, it's a cool track :)

Ok well, someone can post a new sample ;)
MuSiCkiLL8or (22)
State Citizen

Postby striker159 » 23 Nov 2015, 21:05

new sample

Darksky @ Harderstate CHB 2014 2015 2016

Like Nustyle ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFfSlui3WXQ
striker159 (26)
State Senior Citizen

Postby kraczk » 23 Nov 2015, 23:44

striker159:new sample

Oh well, this is an easy one. Blutonium Boy - Make It Loud

I'll try to post a sample tomorrow.

EDIT: New ID! I wanted to post something newer, but someone would probably guess it in half an hour lol
kraczk
State Senior Citizen

Postby MuSiCkiLL8or » 29 Nov 2015, 05:11

*Push* (Seems like your post edit wasn't noticed by most of us ;D)
MuSiCkiLL8or (22)
State Citizen

Postby kraczk » 29 Nov 2015, 11:32

MuSiCkiLL8or:*Push* (Seems like your post edit wasn't noticed by most of us ;D)

Well fuck, I didn't want to force bump.
If someone has listened to it and doesn't have a clue what it is, here's my hint: it's one of the first tracks Saifam made under an alias that lasted longer than a year. And it's from early 2000s.
kraczk
State Senior Citizen

Postby Amduscia » 30 Nov 2015, 11:42

kraczk:
striker159:new sample

Oh well, this is an easy one. Blutonium Boy - Make It Loud

I'll try to post a sample tomorrow.

EDIT: New ID! I wanted to post something newer, but someone would probably guess it in half an hour lol

Easy, K-Traxx - Straight On
Last edited by Amduscia on 30 Nov 2015, 13:23, edited 3 times in total.
Amduscia
State Newcomer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles