Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Ghost Producing facts and rumors

Postby aXXis » 16 Sep 2017, 10:13

Just trust on your ears guys, they never lie.
aXXis (30)
State Celebrity

Postby Grape » 16 Sep 2017, 10:39

aXXis:Just trust on your ears guys, they never lie.

so... every track is by Tinnitus DJ Team? :+
Grape (25)
State Hero

Postby Doctor Dave » 20 Sep 2017, 12:44

I really can't understand why this matters...a good track is a good track no matter who produced it. Finding out that the guy you have posters on your wall of didn't press all the buttons doesn't make the track sound different...
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Postby Emre » 20 Sep 2017, 14:06

^ Pretty much this ;)
The only limit is your own imagination.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby John Cove » 20 Sep 2017, 14:56

It matters for me to be honest. Music is not just music, I like to do some research about my favourite artists, their hobbies, characteristics... So when I would find out that NC was ghostproduced over all the years I would be heavenly disappointed & see the music with another look.

It's an ideological thing for me. Makes no sense of course since the music is still the same. But well :+
John Cove (29)
Crab

Postby Emre » 20 Sep 2017, 15:02

NC is a bit different since every hardstyler knows NC for ages and all know he doesn't.

Nowadays, when a new producer pops up and you like his productions, it won't take 10 years to get affected to that producer & his productions and then boom, you find out he's ghosted - no, it will be clear way way before you become a fan :p we have discogs, facebooks with zero studio pictures, etc to 'find out'.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby Xotic » 20 Sep 2017, 17:55

Doctor Dave:I really can't understand why this matters...a good track is a good track no matter who produced it. Finding out that the guy you have posters on your wall of didn't press all the buttons doesn't make the track sound different...

If this is the case then why have posters of the guy on your wall and replace them with the label instead, because after all its not his music ultimately it is the labels creation.

There is some credence to the analogy with the Pop industry as 99.9% of the artist do not write their own music but at the end of the day the Pop artist is singing it. You can't really make the same comparison with the EDM scene as DJ/Producers on stage aren't singing and half of them can't even mix correctly.

I'm from the older generation when DJ had a different meaning than a producers and each one actually meant something. If a Producer can't mix and is a horrible DJ I give him some slack because he created the track he is playing. Likewise I would actually go listen to a good DJ even though he never created a track.

When you start blurring the lines of producing music and a person on stage who can't mix and isn't a DJ and yet isn't a producer because he doesn't make any tracks then what are you doing standing in front of him admiring the work he didn't make? A label could literally create an act with a man in a mask, create pre-made sets for him and teach him just enough not to fuck up and you as the fan are paying money to see this?
Xotic
State Tourist

Postby Netris » 20 Sep 2017, 18:53

Xotic:
Doctor Dave:When you start blurring the lines of producing music and a person on stage who can't mix and isn't a DJ and yet isn't a producer because he doesn't make any tracks then what are you doing standing in front of him admiring the work he didn't make? A label could literally create an act with a man in a mask, create pre-made sets for him and teach him just enough not to fuck up and you as the fan are paying money to see this?

People scream that the Kadashians are famous, but don't think ghostproducing is a problem. That's some double standards here and you described it pretty well.
Netris (28)
State Citizen

Postby ID » 20 Sep 2017, 18:59

Xotic:
Doctor Dave:...A label could literally create an act with a man in a mask, create pre-made sets for him and teach him just enough not to fuck up and you as the fan are paying money to see this?

Don't need any masks, as Requiem, Malua, Mandy, Subsonik, act of rage to say fews proved to be well working projects, while they're only "acting" the project. Giving it an image, and most of the "Ghost projects" are made by very well known Producers who have a succesfull solo career.
ID
State Senior Citizen

Postby Memorize » 20 Sep 2017, 20:44

I'm actually ghosting myself.
Memorize (22)
Producer

Postby Xotic » 20 Sep 2017, 21:17

ID:
Xotic:
Doctor Dave:...A label could literally create an act with a man in a mask, create pre-made sets for him and teach him just enough not to fuck up and you as the fan are paying money to see this?

Don't need any masks, as Requiem, Malua, Mandy, Subsonik, act of rage to say fews proved to be well working projects, while they're only "acting" the project. Giving it an image, and most of the "Ghost projects" are made by very well known Producers who have a succesfull solo career.

My point with the mask is if you give an act a human face, that face at some point will believe his popularity is the reason behind the success just as much as the music. The person behind the mask can always be replaced.
Xotic
State Tourist

Postby Emre » 20 Sep 2017, 21:23

Memorize:I'm actually ghosting myself.

Ghostception
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby propells » 20 Sep 2017, 21:25

Memorize:I'm actually ghosting myself.

Why waste your big talent on others. You should focus on yourself if you ask me. Fuck ghosting. Music is art, at least most of it.
Take part in the ritual.. Dive deep inside.. My vagina.. Shine light beyond your horizons.. And let your inner cock.. rise rise rise rise.. Qlimas
propells (23)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 20 Sep 2017, 21:28

Not sure now if he meant 'I'm ghostproducing my own tracks' as a joke or meant 'I actually ghost for people'. :+
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby propells » 20 Sep 2017, 21:29

Oh fuck, might have been reading that wrong.. Probably meant ghosting himself as a joke. Lol
Take part in the ritual.. Dive deep inside.. My vagina.. Shine light beyond your horizons.. And let your inner cock.. rise rise rise rise.. Qlimas
propells (23)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles