Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

General purpose thread

Postby UNIFITE » 10 Aug 2018, 12:01

ceero:Let's do an experiment, try to play this shit on a 110% alcohol/drug free party and let's see how much success is it gonna harvest :+

I dont believe there is even a discussion about this, jeez, Unifite stop defending that crap just because 'you met those guys in person', i know that there is some sort of 'unison' feeling between fellow producers but when you defend this crap you are draging your reputation as an artist down as well imo, go and listen to those timestamps again, thats Blutonium Boy/Daniele Mondello production kind of bad, if not worse. When it comes to this hurrrultraraww, there are people who actually can do it properly and noone here is bashing them this way, people are bashing this because it's downright fucking bad, musically wrong, ear hurting terrible production.

Stop lying about things you know nothing about. There is NO and i say NO "unison" feeling between me and those guys. I dislike their music, and i told them before they played that my raw-type was far apart from theirs.

Trust me - i dislike that music, and i would never play anything near it. The hardest track in my setlist was SZP - Hit The Funk. -So do the math.

I thought this forum was clever, but remember why i kinda left it. I can´t even say that i respect there is people listening to it, and that i hate it myself without i have a "Unison" feeling with 3 guys i spoke to for a total of 40 seconds. No thank you.

I have a unison feeling with maybe 5 producers/DJS i have meet in my 15 years of DJing and producing. I have always said things how i see them.

BUT - when 4-500 people go crazy to their set and there is a big "WOOOOOOH" from the crowd in every drop they played, what should i do? Bash them for it? No.
To compare it, it was totally like when for an example "Make It Loud(HHZ REMIX) droppe the reverse bass, or "Van Halen Is A Rockstar" bassline kicked in. The same reaction from the crowd totally. 4-500 people listening to this, while the 2 bigger stages combined maybe had 200 people standing with no movement.

Let it blow over - this music will not be there for long. Its a hype, hype´s tend to disappear.

But please - STOP making predictions about my way around in hardstyle. I have always said things straight - and that also might be why i never really pushed my music the last 4-5 years.
Last edited by UNIFITE on 10 Aug 2018, 12:06, edited 2 times in total.
UNIFITE (33)
Producer

Postby UNIFITE » 10 Aug 2018, 12:05

Emre:
UNIFITE:
ThePrincipal:I come back to this question which you don't appear to have answered, Unifite

Just because there is a market for it, it has to be respected?

No.. But you have to respect that some people like other music than yourself. And THEREFORE you also have to respect that there is scenes at festivals clubs who take this in.

It kinda makes common sense.

I think you mean accepting, not respecting. :)

No i actually mean both. This world is lacking of respect in general.

I can respect than other people have different taste, but i disrespect others who try to bash them for being different.
UNIFITE (33)
Producer

Postby Deadwood » 10 Aug 2018, 14:58

UNIFITE:But i challenge you.. FInd me 3 tracks you think have not been giving the attention it should have.. It can be from the artists you mentioned - maybe i have missed something in releases or so.

I will take the challenge (other artists though):

Deadwood
State Native

Postby VOL-E » 10 Aug 2018, 15:13

Low-E & Zero Sanity, don't get any attention at all, but they make quite awesome old school stuff lately, which sounds super cool.

but other tracks are generic like hell...
I take you through the night... through the night... show you all those city lights!
VOL-E (29)
Crab

Postby Gommes_ » 10 Aug 2018, 17:38

UNIFITE:
Often there's a generic, uncreative 25sec mixing intro, no mid-intro at all, a lavishly produced 90sec long singing break and then there's a token 2x25secs climax (sometimes not even 2x) with another minute of singing inbetween and then no outro.

I agree fully on this - it became to much at some point, but i still respect it.

Raw got popular due too the lack of HARD in hardstyle

Maybe I am completely wrong but I thought about this for quite some time now. Actually, since 2013. My theory is that Headhunterz was one of the big guys who pushed hardstyle into the raw sound (I know it sounds weird :) ).

Of course he did not do it on his own but he was an important factor to it. When EDM blew up everybody wanted to be a part of it and hardstyle bowed down to this trend (*cough* Audiotricz *cough*). There were not many tracks coming out which were slower than hardstyle or copied the structure of big room but enough to give the audience the impression that hardstyle needs to change in that direction. And here enters Headhunterz the game. His podcast was the biggest and most successful musical podcast out there and his voice mattered.

Beginning in 2013 he commented on every track that sounded like big room, that "it's such a fresh breeze of air for the scene". I got pretty annoyed by that, cause my opinion just differed and I had the feeling that he didn't unterstand the scene anymore.
His crap peaked in 2014 with episode #33. After hearing that I was in a really bad mood for pretty much the whole day. This is his idea of hardstyle? This is where he wants to go? The first 20 minutes are atrocious! And since he was such a big deal for a long time and creating and presenting trends, this led to some sort of a heavy counter movement for people who thought like me but were actually able to produce music. Headhunterz just didn't state for a long time that he got tired of hardstyle and wanted to do something different. Instead he made it sound like that hardstyle had to change - in a much softer way than the audience was ready to accept it.
Feel free to roast my thesis ;D

Btw. Emre I agree with you, these kicks are awful and this trend is ridiculous. (I wrote something similar for the latest Caine release)

For cringe reasons ;) :
I hear home in that bass
Gommes_ (33)
State Native

Postby UNIFITE » 10 Aug 2018, 17:47

Deadwood:
UNIFITE:But i challenge you.. FInd me 3 tracks you think have not been giving the attention it should have.. It can be from the artists you mentioned - maybe i have missed something in releases or so.

I will take the challenge (other artists though):

Okay - i thought this would be harder.. But of course these tracks are not hits or even close.

The Low-E & Zero Sanity is a cool track for me, but the vocal is god damn awful. A better vocalist could have done alot, but this thing simple EQ`ed vocal is way to thin and my ears are hurting from a producers perspective. Melody rocks though. But the 95 %same melody can be found in 1 or 2 older german hard dance tracks.

The Code-E track.. Im sorry, but the mixdown is so muddy and overdone. Kick doesnt punch through at all for me. Just listen to the vocal before the drop "This Is It". Awfully mix - so of course a track like that will never get attention.

THe Reloaded track.. Its the former "The Vision" right? Track is not bad, but a 110 Second break/build up without a solid vocal will not work at all. I can see that he closed his former "The VIsion" project, but appeared again last few days about making new music after SOH-Support. Well - it kinda proves my former points. The concept he had before apparently didnt work out the way he wanted, so he tried a new alias and now maybe going back again. My point proven. It shows you did not work out your concept fully - but i must also say that The Vision did get attention in some range in the former years.

But overall.. The 3 tracks are all not good quality mixdowns for me. They do not have the "On point" sweet hardstyle signature sound. And when the tracks at the same time lacks alot of drive, they wont have attention.
Again - mixdowns might not be bad, but they are so far from the industryleaders quality in sound that i understand the lack of people listening.

I think we all have this kinda support for some artists that we hope/wish the best for because they hit our sweet spot with a track or two - but you can´t force others to listen. If youre music is good enough in 2018 you can easily reach a wide crowd without a label to support you.

I also might have miswritten my point with 3 tracks. I meant 3 tracks from one producer. And why? well, because you need more than 1 really good track to break the barriers fully. And that is also the issue for many newcomers. Their sound changes, they make one good track and 4 bad ones. I know the feeling. I can push it so far in the studio with 1 track - and then the next 3 i make, i just cant reach the same satisfaction sound or crowd-wise..
UNIFITE (33)
Producer

Postby ThePrincipal » 11 Aug 2018, 00:13

Why are you still here Unifite if you think this forum is not clever? To be honest, I've hardly seen anything from you that contributes to the scene besides posting here in the last 5 years - no offence.
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby SarahKerrigan » 11 Aug 2018, 01:14

Yes let's please scare off/get rid of more people cause the forum hasn't gotten dull and superboring :fist:
SarahKerrigan
State Celebrity

Postby UNIFITE » 11 Aug 2018, 10:28

ThePrincipal:Why are you still here Unifite if you think this forum is not clever? To be honest, I've hardly seen anything from you that contributes to the scene besides posting here in the last 5 years - no offence.

Firstly - i hate the "WHat have you done for the scene" or "What do you contribute with to the scene". Its like you need to help some kinda social experiment to be allowed to have an opinion.

But what have i done the last 5 years.. Lets see.
- Produced/Funded 75-80 Club Events in Denmark with hardstyle. Including, Brennan Heart, Noisecontrollers, Zatox, Malua, Noize Supressor, Sub Sonik, Refuzion, Stephanie, The Viper, Atmozfears, Prophet, Omegatypez, Psyko Punkz, Brooklyn Bounce and more. If you said the last 7 years the list would have been alot bigger with a total of 125-130 events.
- Played at most of these events.
- Played 200-250 bookings in Denmark & Germany.
- Pushed hard for the scene at a danish new event that startede yearly in 2014. Mainstream music, where i succeded in getting a stage which was a huge succes for 4 years so far.
- Produced hell of alot music that has been played when i was out to do so. Some of the music better than others.
- Talked and spared with alot of Danish talents to hel/push then further - im sure you will see some of them in the near future. They are so talented, but not so good at getting it "out there".
- Played my first Dutch Festival at Fatality 2 weeks ago after winning a contest where my mix had 75% of my own music that people voted for. A big inspiration for me to work from, and just accept it might be time to trust my music again for releases.

Besides that i do run a business with 40-50 employees that depends on my decisions and actions to maintain succesful. So my time is well spend.

And why im still here? Well.. Because im sometimes naive to think that i place like this still have potential for a good debate, without people whining and crying over that "Too much raw", "Fuck Lazerkicks", "I LOVE this artist - so the whole world should also do that".. Its the same 8-10 persons mostly who pop up with the same cringy arguments. Its becoming a replica of GHF back in the days. Just luckily without a lunatic moderator like Scul.

So i think its fair to say im involved at some point in Hardstyle still, but i do not expect that you in AUS should know what happens in Denmark of course. I don´t know what happens all the time in AUS either, only that its one of the countries that luckily still can support euphoric hardstyle more than others. In Denmark that is not so much the case anymore. Its still the "Early HS Vs. Euhporic Vs. Raw Vs. Hardcore" which has divided the scene more than ever and why i also 2 monts ago decided to take a break from event making and only playing at others.
UNIFITE (33)
Producer

Postby UNIFITE » 11 Aug 2018, 10:33

SarahKerrigan:Yes let's please scare off/get rid of more people cause the forum hasn't gotten dull and superboring :fist:

You are spot on. Of couse the main reason for lack of activity has to do with platforms like facebook and instagram.

But there for sure is valid reason why you dont see well known producers contribute sometimes, or take a debate, because this has become the "Hardstyle-police-Federation". Its like putting your hand in the mouth of a shark to take a debate here. Only if you are very lucky the shark doenst bite.

Here its okay to hate and disrespect that some people like the ultra-pingpong-raw - but they forget hardstyle itself had the same hard time getting acceptance years ago.

I believe there should be room for whatever music people prefer. I hate the raw-style this discussion started from, but seeing other people enjoy it can´t make my piss boil at all.
UNIFITE (33)
Producer

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 11 Aug 2018, 10:41

This debate should not have gone this far.

In the end, even if i personnally find some of those tracks pretty ridiculous, some people just prefer brainless stuff they can go crazy to, other like intricate music...

But Hardstyle is definitely not the best place for the latter.

I actually like some of those like Sacrifice from Unresolved and i try not to reject all of it as a block but take it track by track.

I see so much hate on other genres because of this type of bullshit ; as a member of r/trap i see the hate on Hardstyle which comes solely from generalizations (basically most of them see Hardstyle through what Carnage or SAYMYNAME play), and it’s kinda the same about Trap from the Hardstyle community.

Before being like « uuuugh this is trap it sucks » or in this case « beeeerk i hate this brainless raw » give it a chance. Like, i mostly don’t really like Techno but I still give it a try from time to time instead of rejecting it all as a block and i find some tracks i actually enjoy.

But, i agree on one thing : Hardstyle as a single genre doesn’t really exist anymore. To me, Euphoric/Rawphotic vs Rawstyle is kinda like Mainstream Hardcore vs Industrial at this point.

These were my 2c, have a nice day :)
esskeetit
lilfrenchidiot
State Native

Postby The Convicted » 11 Aug 2018, 10:42

UNIFITE:But there for sure is valid reason why you dont see well known producers contribute sometimes, or take a debate, because this has become the "Hardstyle-police-Federation". Its like putting your hand in the mouth of a shark to take a debate here. Only if you are very lucky the shark doenst bite.

Or maybe they just don't have enough time or if they have, they rather connect with people on social media which confined the popularity of using forums.
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominant Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby UNIFITE » 11 Aug 2018, 10:59

The Convicted:
UNIFITE:But there for sure is valid reason why you dont see well known producers contribute sometimes, or take a debate, because this has become the "Hardstyle-police-Federation". Its like putting your hand in the mouth of a shark to take a debate here. Only if you are very lucky the shark doenst bite.

Or maybe they just don't have enough time or if they have, they rather connect with people on social media which confined the popularity of using forums.

In 2018 yes you are right.. But before that there could have been many involved in here. I know for a fact that some/many still read a bit in here and they have a laugh about it. Because when the complaining is stalling everything in here, the world is still moving along from outside.

I will bet you that 9 out of 10 of the popular producers have been here without a profile the last few years to read topics. But like i said - if they even considered joining with an opinion, they would not risk the flaming.

I also spend some time at BMW or Car-forums. And the story is the same many places. There is missing so many people now with great knowledge and real-life car experience at this point, but they left because the same persons had to destroy a subject with bullcrap they knew nothing about, or because they would not accept that cars have another look in 2018, than in 1998. Its fun to compare with this.

Things evolve - and like i stated, i dont like the lazer-kick-raw my self, but i understand and accept why others do that.
UNIFITE (33)
Producer

Postby Gohan » 11 Aug 2018, 12:52

PLease dont leave the forum UNIFITE. It's nice to see contrary opinions every once in a while (which is why I also enjoy you Emre :) )
Gohan
State Senior Citizen

Postby UNIFITE » 11 Aug 2018, 13:05

Gohan:PLease dont leave the forum UNIFITE. It's nice to see contrary opinions every once in a while (which is why I also enjoy you Emre :) )

Thanks..:) I wont "leave", but my eager to participate was higher before entering this subject.. I dont regret it, because i think "hating" on a subgenre is wrong.. I buy in now and then when the time is there - but its surely is a shame to see this turning more and more into the ending of GHF..
UNIFITE (33)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles