It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby Twixel » 09 Jan 2018, 17:44

Well its fuckin stupid
Twixel
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 09 Jan 2018, 17:47

It's been going like this for years. @hardstylepremium your entire post is about euphoric and at the very end 1 mention of raw so i don't think you realise the way raw is presented/sold is actually more mainstream, milked out and cheesy than euphoric at the time we live in, especially in NL. Nothing against raw itself, but the way of marketing is at least as oversaturated as euphoric if not worse :) Raw is 'the thing' euphoric was 5 years ago. In a business perspective tbh euphoric is underground compared to raw. Rest is all taste.
It has nearly broken me.
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby Bohemian » 09 Jan 2018, 17:54

Call it raw, call it hard
No, we don't fuck with that shit
Fuck-fuck with that shit
(We don't fuck with that shit)
Raw, call it hard
No, we don't fuck with that shit
We live for Hardstyle
That's how we wanna have it
Bohemian (30)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Valadia » 10 Jan 2018, 10:20

hardstyleprem1um:I didn't know where to post this. But i guess it will work here:

My recipe for getting famous/popular in hardstyle:

1: Hire a female singer or choose a vocalsample that sounds beautiful and brings huge atmosphere in the track (The longer the better)

2: After the vocal/atmosphere, make sure you have a beautiful melody i the track (Euphoric gets you views)

3: Make sure that when you want people to hear the track, then you make sure it will stay as "ID-ID" in a popular podcast to get hype (ID-ID will create mystique and people will be talking)

4: Remix a popular track with your best creativity and sound and just put in emotion and atmosphere if you feel it needs more.

5: Profit.

This is exactly what happens a lot of the time when artists gets famouse (ex Kygo, Audiotricz etc)

And if it doesn't work you can always make overly distorted hardstylekicks with the most brutal lyrics etc and still profit.

Well, go ahead. See you next year at defqon?
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (20)
State Celebrity

Postby Amentis » 10 Jan 2018, 18:06

hardstyleprem1um:I didn't know where to post this. But i guess it will work here:

1: Hire a female singer or choose a vocalsample that sounds beautiful and brings huge atmosphere in the track (The longer the better)

2: After the vocal/atmosphere, make sure you have a beautiful melody i the track (Euphoric gets you views)

3: Make sure that when you want people to hear the track, then you make sure it will stay as "ID-ID" in a popular podcast to get hype (ID-ID will create mystique and people will be talking)

4: Remix a popular track with your best creativity and sound and just put in emotion and atmosphere if you feel it needs more.

This is exactly what happens a lot of the time when artists gets famouse (ex Kygo, Audiotricz etc)

And if it doesn't work you can always make overly distorted hardstylekicks with the most brutal lyrics etc and still profit.

If you say so.
JOIN THE ASYLUM!
http://www.djamentis.de
Amentis (24)
Producer

Postby Alex149 » 10 Jan 2018, 18:33

Valadia:

Well, go ahead. See you next year at defqon?

I second that.
Alex149
Producer

Postby zanshi » 11 Jan 2018, 20:27

Holy shit sometimes I wonder why some wise guys here are not playing at Qlimax, organizing the next Qlimax or are Lambo-level managers already... :eyeroll:
"ars ex scientia"
zanshi (25)
State Hero

Postby bassfaceBAM » 11 Jan 2018, 21:47

See you all next year as I open up the Blue at Defqon bitches. Got myself a recipe for success. Will have all you cunts chanting my name!
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Native

Postby soepa » 12 Jan 2018, 00:54

Hardstyleprem1um does make a point though. It's not a coincidence that (imo and many others agree), Hardstyle started to decline in 2012 and the year after it went downhill even further. At this particular time, more and more people started to follow the same formula. Throw some poppy vocals, make some atmosphere, a really cheesy melody & lead (especially that boring Sylenth1 lead that so many producers, both amateurs and pros use) with some chords in the background and use the same kick (or edit it to make it sound SLIGHTLY different) many times (or just have another producer give them their kick/kicks to you...). Hardstyle got more attention this way and more producers followed this type of formula to hopefully boost their career. Then rawstyle got more popular because a lot of people I guess don't like the generic and poppy euphoric tracks. And of course people did the same exact thing here: Do the same thing as the others (especially kick rolls). And they do this for the same purpose: to hopefully get attention to boost their career. Understandable but the creativity will hurt badly from it.

I personally feel that Hardstyle for the last 5 years have been pretty much about this. I've barely been checking out releases for the past 3 years or so because the tracks became too predictable because they sound too much the same. Hardstyle itself is a genre that sounds a lot the same, which is a big contributor to why a lot of people don't like it. But we who actually like Hardstyle can clearly tell the difference between sounds (Scantraxx VS Fusion or Early vs Nustyle flame wars proves that :p). But I can't really tell much of a difference between tracks these days. I think even Audiofreq said somewhere (Reddit before he deleted his account?) that Hardstyle is going through a creativity crisis (correct me if I am wrong?).

It has gone so bad that I started to taking my hobby producing a bit more seriously, just so I can produce something to listen to. I love Hardstyle, even if I like many types of music, Hardstyle is what really makes me enjoy music. It's kind of sad that I have to make my own shit (and yes, my Hardstyle sounds like shit imo, but my kicks are okay though) just to have something new to listen to.
Last edited by soepa on 17 Jan 2018, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
soepa (23)
State Celebrity

Location: Sweden (se) I live at home, my home is next to my neighbours house and my neighbours house is next to my house.

Postby Skape » 12 Jan 2018, 11:24

I have a bit the same feeling, especially about the euphoric spectrum. I often start listening to a new preview and cut it after a few seconds because I have the feeling it's the 1000th time I heard this kind of track, with the same synth and kind of generic melody.

It's especially true with the young producers, like if they follow the same formula than their elders, without taking too much risk.

But the most important part for me is that most of these tracks lack emotion, I mean real emotion. Some tracks are super melodic but with no feeling at all, it's just flat. Hardstyle for me is all about emotion, the one that will make you go crazy, give you goosebumps or just give you a big smile.

Fortunately 2017 gave us a lot of great tracks, hopefully 2018 will be as good !
Skape
State Native

Postby Doctor Dave » 12 Jan 2018, 13:50

I actually quite like female vocals if the lyrics / melody of the singing is good, they can be really nice in a "euphoric" (or whatever) track.

Male vocals on the oher hand :sick:
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Postby The-SillyAk » 13 Jan 2018, 05:51

I am one of those who'd disagree and say that Hardstyle has become increasingly better but maybe that's because I love that euphoric, poppy bullshit.
I find all those young artists now try and jam so many sounds into a track to sound creative and experimental but it ends up sounding imo messy and overdone. Look at the best producers like Wildstylez, NC and TNT, their tracks are so well polished and seem so simple, yet provide so much value.

Tracks pre 2012 were quite simple tbh, they were harder and more to the idea that hardstyle is, but although the creativity has taken a hit, I think the actual productions have become much better.
Can't go past those Alan Watts samples.
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby Januz909 » 14 Jan 2018, 06:22

Many well founded points on both sides of the argument made. Creative crisis? A bit but every genre goes through that when larger changes are happening. So long as dedicated producers make good quality tracks with real feeling both euphoric and raw there is nothing to worry about. Change is of benefit to the genre overall. Fresh ideas re melodies sounds and structure do help keep it fresh
Januz909
State Tourist

Postby soepa » 17 Jan 2018, 20:39

Skape:But the most important part for me is that most of these tracks lack emotion, I mean real emotion. Some tracks are super melodic but with no feeling at all, it's just flat. Hardstyle for me is all about emotion, the one that will make you go crazy, give you goosebumps or just give you a big smile.

This is exactly why I can't stand most Hardstyle these days. There are almost no real emotions anymore. That is what bothers me really. I don't mind at all that Hardstyle has evolved with it's sound design, that is only a good thing. But the real emotions in Hardstyle are mostly gone. It's almost all about "love" these days (except raw, although today's raw is mostly emotionless too imo).

For instance, D-Block & S-te-fan - Antidote is a good example of how you can implement oldschoolish feelings with some modern sounds. It sounds genuine. Some other tracks that I think are great are:
Kronos - Civil War
E-Force & Raiden - Beware
Noisecontrollers & Bass Modulators - Destination
Neilio - Apache
A-lusion - Supernova
Betavoice & The Beatcaster - Invaders
Bass Modulators - Mantra
E-force & Nikkita - Illusion
Noisecontrollers - Hands up
Donkey Rollers & Noisecontrollers - Human Enemy
Sephyx - Creation of Fire
Noisecontrollers - Infinity

These tracks have more modern sound design (and I'm all for that like I said earlier), but these tracks still managed to keep the original "nu-style" emotions of Hardstyle. This is why I like these tracks. But these tracks are hard to find these days, only a few of them are released per year :(
soepa (23)
State Celebrity

Location: Sweden (se) I live at home, my home is next to my neighbours house and my neighbours house is next to my house.

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles