Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

General purpose thread

Postby Digital Shifter » 15 Jul 2017, 18:39

The Convicted:I've always had the feeling he was helped by Crypsis and some hardcore artists at some points. I don't mean ghost-producing at all, but giving a helpful hand instead (which isn't unusual in the scene I guess) :)

He was a part of Denekamps Gespuis which was the original 4 person act with artist that call themselfs today: Angerfist, Crypsis, Radical Redemption and... I thought Chain Reaction but that one is not sure.

Angerfist, Crypsis and Radical are really good friends and I think that Danny Masselink told Joey to get more commercial and he did.
His sound was improved so much in the last years.
I mean back in the day no one knew who he was and his music was industrial and I cannot stand it.
Kill Me, Coitus, Masters of the Great Conspiracy, The Funfair of Madness, Failure etc are powerful tracks.
Behind the curtain of everyday's consciousness..
Digital Shifter (22)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 15 Jul 2017, 19:00

^
Denekamps Gespuis = Angerfist, Crypsis, Bloodcage, Dyprax & RR :)
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby VOL-E » 20 Jul 2017, 14:44

As I understood correctly, J&W are back in business (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) We may hear 2 or 3 new tracks from them this year! Fucking finally! They had troubles with studio, but I guess they sorted it out, would be great to have a few words from them here, but maybe some dutchies can translate the whole Q&A with them? :+

https://forum.hardtraxx.com/algemeen/hardtraxx-q-a-josh-wesz-t60017.html
I felt it... I heard it...
VOL-E (28)
State Legend

Postby SKRWD » 20 Jul 2017, 15:15

I so hope for the music in the trailer to be part of the actual anthem... :/
SKRWD (22)
State Newcomer

Postby thePastworld » 20 Jul 2017, 15:18

Will there be a livestream from the qdance stage at Tomorrowland this year?
thePastworld (19)
State Native

Postby nerz » 03 Aug 2017, 16:22

don't you guys miss the tracks nowadays that actually have a theme or tell a story? i'm not talking about some short vocals or some random effects in the break. i'm talking about these kind of tracks:

DBSTF & Wildstylez - The Human Soul
Code Black - Pandora (when i'm listening to this, i actually see myself on a distant and colourful planet)
Warface & Dark Pact - Ministry of Corruption (the intro is quite standard but there are some awesome cinematic feelings in the break, it feels like an epic scene from a fantasy movie)
ANDY SVGE - Gravity (you can imagine that you're all alone in space and you have the choice to stay up there or return to earth and not just because of the vocals, the melody and the break really fit the whole theme)

there are a lot of examples but i guess you get the idea :P
nerz (27)
State Celebrity

Postby P.L.K » 03 Aug 2017, 16:45

I can still get that feeling with some phuture noize tracks
But yeah tracks like that are getting pretty rare
P.L.K (20)
State Celebrity

Postby NEKA » 03 Aug 2017, 20:59

nerz:don't you guys miss the tracks nowadays that actually have a theme or tell a story? i'm not talking about some short vocals or some random effects in the break. i'm talking about these kind of tracks:

DBSTF & Wildstylez - The Human Soul
Code Black - Pandora (when i'm listening to this, i actually see myself on a distant and colourful planet)
Warface & Dark Pact - Ministry of Corruption (the intro is quite standard but there are some awesome cinematic feelings in the break, it feels like an epic scene from a fantasy movie)
ANDY SVGE - Gravity (you can imagine that you're all alone in space and you have the choice to stay up there or return to earth and not just because of the vocals, the melody and the break really fit the whole theme)

there are a lot of examples but i guess you get the idea :P

I just talked about this with other finnish producers, and we all agreed that most tracks nowadays don't have any story or deeper meaning for it. Most tracks nowadays are just a dancefloor filler tracks. Comparing 90% of Scantraxx and X-bone releases to let's say, Luminosity, Destiny or Audiofreq's tracks, you can hear the "song's soul" in them.
NEKA (23)
Producer

Postby Digital Shifter » 03 Aug 2017, 21:06

Pretty funny that you say that nerz

I was listening A Complex Situation from Wildstylez today.

My god hardstyle back than was so godlike.
And yes I do, we all do I guess
Behind the curtain of everyday's consciousness..
Digital Shifter (22)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 04 Aug 2017, 00:11

Tbh I just lately started thinking atmospheres are slowly returning. Both in euphoric and raw (and especially 'rawphoric') even though the word itself still makes me cringe. :rofl:
Emre (23)
State Retired Person

Postby ThePrincipal » 04 Aug 2017, 01:34

what Emre said......not sure what everyone means about atmospheres are dying

Do you not listen to artists like Myst, Phuture Noize, B-Front, Demi Kanon, Audiotricz, etc
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Native

Postby Shadder » 04 Aug 2017, 09:59

Rawphoric is the shit man ;D
Shadder
State Citizen

Postby nerz » 05 Sep 2017, 11:53

this has been on my mind for quite some time now so it's time to do some ranting.

i think this whole 'let's take a guy, produce some tracks for him and give him a costume and a slogan' marketing strategy is cringy as fuck. when G4H started this trend a few years ago, it was pretty good because it was a novelty and quite exciting. they pretty much nailed the masked gangsters stuff and they produced great tracks that fit the whole theme. but nowadays every ~third (especially raw) act MUST HAVE a costume, mask and an edgy slogan. instead of this idiotic trend, producers and labels should focus on making and releasing actually great music.

and yes, i know this is how the music industry works, this is how they promote themselves, a lot of people love this idea, etc etc but i just felt the need to rant (take a look at Warface's fb page, VOTE FOR THE MASTER OF WAR - i mean, seriously... :rofl: )
nerz (27)
State Celebrity

Postby The Blaster » 06 Sep 2017, 18:33

nerz:they pretty much nailed the masked gangsters stuff

never understood why this needs to happen at all. should be about the music, not need for all the other stuff.
The Blaster
State Celebrity

Postby The Convicted » 06 Sep 2017, 18:44

I kinda feel the same. These raw acts often make great stuff, but can't identify with the brand built around them (and can with guys like SZP, Phuture Noize e.g.).
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominator Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (22)
Global Mod

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles