Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

General purpose thread

Postby Doctor Dave » 02 Jun 2017, 12:05

Haven't really listened to HS a lot in the past few years, especially not extended (sorry, "pro") versions, is it a trend to not have an outro anymore :? seen this in a few tracks
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Postby Reverse Ghost » 02 Jun 2017, 13:20

You're alive! :D
Reverse Ghost (24)
State Legend

Postby solarized » 27 Jun 2017, 11:47

One question i've always wanted answering: Why on earth did Wasted Penguinz and Chris One change the kick in 'I Miss You'?! The track was perfect and then the one that was released had such a weak kick compared to the original one.
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (33)
State Celebrity

Postby Vicious » 30 Jun 2017, 09:31

It's pretty crazy that Noisecontrollers ‎– Shreek / Venom / Rushroom came out nearly 10 years ago and how much better it is than anything that has been released since then (H)
Vicious
State Hero

Postby ThePrincipal » 30 Jun 2017, 11:51

Rushroom is fucking amazing - I hate that no one plays it (even Bas) :(
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Native

Postby Reverse Ghost » 03 Jul 2017, 12:37

No one plays Williams Syndrome or Killer Clown tracks anymore either :(
Reverse Ghost (24)
State Legend

Postby VOL-E » 04 Jul 2017, 14:58

So Hardtraxx are going to make Q&A with Josh&Wesz soon, maybe something interesting will pop-up, wish they will still produce or explain why they are so inactive for the last 2-3 years
I felt it... I heard it...
VOL-E (28)
State Legend

Postby Doctor Dave » 15 Jul 2017, 12:04

Just an observation...been listening to a lot of Radical Redemption and I find it so hard to believe that the same guy behind awesome tracks like MMIX, Kill Me, Cross Of Blood, Judge Me, Coitus, Smack Bitches, Brutal 5 & 6 etc, can also be the guy who did the (imo) embarrasing try-hard edgelord Annihilate album. Seems crazy to me, the quality stepped up like 5000% in such a relatively short time
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Postby Gohan » 15 Jul 2017, 12:32

Doctor Dave:Just an observation...been listening to a lot of Radical Redemption and I find it so hard to believe that the same guy behind awesome tracks like MMIX, Kill Me, Cross Of Blood, Judge Me, Coitus, Smack Bitches, Brutal 5 & 6 etc, can also be the guy who did the (imo) embarrasing try-hard edgelord Annihilate album. Seems crazy to me, the quality stepped up like 5000% in such a relatively short time

You think annihilate is embarrising because of the try-hard egdelordery? Or because of the production-wise quality.

Personally, I find the new productions no less edgy in a bad manner than the first -Brutal 6.0 probably takes the top credit of cringeworthy shit in that manner.

And sure his sound was more "amateruish" when I first heard him in 2010 or 11 at Wish outdoor where he played his first set ever, than today, but have you heard a NC production from 2007 and compared it to a production from 2014?
Gohan
State Senior Citizen

Postby Deadwood » 15 Jul 2017, 12:33

Doctor Dave:Just an observation...been listening to a lot of Radical Redemption and I find it so hard to believe that the same guy behind awesome tracks like MMIX, Kill Me, Cross Of Blood, Judge Me, Coitus, Smack Bitches, Brutal 5 & 6 etc, can also be the guy who did the (imo) embarrasing try-hard edgelord Annihilate album. Seems crazy to me, the quality stepped up like 5000% in such a relatively short time

Yeah what a suprise that his first tracks aren't as good (production wise) as his latest. What is the point here?
Deadwood
State Native

Postby The Convicted » 15 Jul 2017, 12:40

I've always had the feeling he was helped by Crypsis and some hardcore artists at some points. I don't mean ghost-producing at all, but giving a helpful hand instead (which isn't unusual in the scene I guess) :)
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominator Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (22)
Global Mod

Postby Doctor Dave » 15 Jul 2017, 12:49

I dunno what my point was I guess :+ I'm quite a RR fanboi recently so I certainly don't mean anything bad by it...I think because I came from the newer stuff and then checked out the old stuff he contrast is more clear to me.

You think annihilate is embarrising because of the try-hard egdelordery? Or because of the production-wise quality.

Both really, though the track-names / lyrics is more my problem than anything else, that sort of thing just really turns me off. The sound quality is (to my ears) very poor though. I don't know, I guess I just wanted to write somewhere my thoughts on how (for me) he's shown immense improvement

Yeah what a suprise that his first tracks aren't as good (production wise) as his latest. What is the point here?

but maybe I shouldn't have :+ :p

Personally, I find the new productions no less edgy in a bad manner than the first -Brutal 6.0 probably takes the top credit of cringeworthy shit in that manner.

Good point, the first 50 seconds is awesome, I dont usually listen past that :+

TL;DR - I love RR, didn't mean to disrespect or anything, meh I'm gonna blame this fever I've had for the past week for me posting random rambling nonsense.

Rip me (L)
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Postby bassfaceBAM » 15 Jul 2017, 13:03

I was never bothered about Radical Redemption until his last album came out. It was then that his tracks really went up a notch. What I feel was try hard about his earlier stuff was there was no genuine quality backing up his over the top I'm hard as fuck lyrics. If you put in evil profanity filled lyrics with a shit beat it only highlights how awful the lyrics actually are. But if it's a banging best then it can get a pass in my book
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Native

Postby Doctor Dave » 15 Jul 2017, 14:08

Exactly that ^ If I could think straight that's what I would have said
Doctor Dave (29)
Producer

Postby Gohan » 15 Jul 2017, 15:34

But RR's music was really something else back in the days. It was sort of "industrial" hardstyle, very kick focused before kickrolling etc. became a thing. It might sound very simple and amaterurish today, but tbh I think, apart from the fact that he has of course developed his sound (like any1 else), its also because we have gotten much more used to hearing this type of sound today.

The lyrics where stupid as fuck, I agree, but at least they where often a sample, and not the cancerous Brutal 6.0, or Digital punk or G4H self-brewed edgery.
Gohan
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles