Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

10 Years Noisecontrollers - The Documentary

Postby Nightstalker » 04 Dec 2015, 19:03

AUSTRIA (Not Australia )
There is always time for SCHNITZEL & BEER!!!
Nightstalker (28)
Beer Mod

Postby Bomberz » 04 Dec 2015, 19:37

What a fantastic documentary, I love it _O_ . I hope that he will bring a new level hardstyle as Joram said at the very end. it's a bit sad not to see Arjan on the video tho :(
Bomberz (24)
Global Mod

Postby The Convicted » 04 Dec 2015, 20:47

Maybe only the beginnings were interesting me and seems like the whole documentary was mainly focusing on the musical career and less than some personal things, which might be understandable, if someone doesn't wish to share anything like that, but I'd say it could have been better... oh, and they forgot about the Digital Age era, don't know why, because Wildstylez was in the documentary as well. Maybe didn't go too good, so it wasn't included.

Basically I think that someone who is following the hardstyle scene with eyes opened knows there's much more behind than it was said.
Youtube | Facebook | Mixcloud

"Crop Circle Making Dominant Whore Abuser"
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby thePastworld » 04 Dec 2015, 21:41

Bomberz:What a fantastic documentary, I love it _O_ . I hope that he will bring a new level hardstyle as Joram said at the very end. it's a bit sad not to see Arjan on the video tho :(

Exactly my thoughts! :)
Well done Bas _O_
thePastworld (20)
State Celebrity

Postby SarahKerrigan » 04 Dec 2015, 22:37

Well done interview and I liked it but I thought it really lacked some input from Arjan, he was 50% of the NC for so long he deserved at least to be heard once in the docu. All in all this was great though! Hope to see more of these things of more artists!
SarahKerrigan
State Celebrity

Postby mrcax5 » 04 Dec 2015, 23:01

SarahKerrigan:Well done interview and I liked it but I thought it really lacked some input from Arjan, he was 50% of the NC for so long he deserved at least to be heard once in the docu. All in all this was great though! Hope to see more of these things of more artists!

yeah, but Arjan himself didn't wanted to be a part of this. Bas said that he asked Arjan to be part of 10 Y of NC at Unlocked but he refused because he left NC completely behind him. :(
The DJ spins a galaxy of black vinyl, for the gods that came to dance!

Hard Island '15 '16 '17| Defqon.1 '18 | Qlimax '15 '16 '17 | Freaqshow '17 | HardBass '18 | Reverze '18
mrcax5 (25)
State Native

Postby VOL-E » 04 Dec 2015, 23:30

Nice documentary, but yea as The Convicted said, strange that there was nothing about Digital Age.
I guess that for Arjan it was pretty hard to be in the studio with Bas, after some years... If everybody are talking about that he is crazy about it, than I think he always wanted to make by himself.
I take you through the night... through the night... show you all those city lights!
VOL-E (29)
Crab

Postby Gohan » 05 Dec 2015, 00:05

mrcax5:
SarahKerrigan:Well done interview and I liked it but I thought it really lacked some input from Arjan, he was 50% of the NC for so long he deserved at least to be heard once in the docu. All in all this was great though! Hope to see more of these things of more artists!

yeah, but Arjan himself didn't wanted to be a part of this. Bas said that he asked Arjan to be part of 10 Y of NC at Unlocked but he refused because he left NC completely behind him. :(

Yeah my impression is also that it was Arjan's own choiche
Gohan
State Senior Citizen

Postby Sharez » 05 Dec 2015, 14:17

SohaBay:Absolutely loved the documentary. It was very well put together and I felt nostalgic the whole time!

Exactly this. Well done _O_ _O_
Sharez (26)
Producer

Postby ceero » 05 Dec 2015, 14:29

Yeah to be honest i have a feeling there is an untold part of the Arjan story, it feels just a little weird he did not appear in the documentary at all. It's a bit strange that he simply left such a famous and well doing project just because he felt like it, come on being a part of this kind of act is loike the ultimate dream job of everyone.

Anyway ontopic, really nice movie to watch, this guy is a real legend. And far, far the most skilled producer this scene has ever had, one of the most skilled producer dance music scene has ever had.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby Malgranda » 05 Dec 2015, 14:50

Would've loved to see Arjen in the documentary but oh well.. Really loved watching it, had chills everywhere for a long time throughout the documentary _O_
Malgranda (21)
Global Mod

Postby leeroy » 05 Dec 2015, 14:50

I personally didn't like the documentary too much. It was all about stuff we knew already, it was like a long talk about his success. I'd rather if it included more about the history of producing, how he felt about hardstyle, the first acts before noisecontrollers, how the sound developed and why - stuff like that
leeroy (28)
State Native

Postby Tomix » 05 Dec 2015, 18:03

Overall a nice documentary, but indeed a few words from Arjan's POV would've been nice, and not a single word regarding Digital:Age is weird imo :dunno:

Also what's the deal with Renegade? He accompanied the act in the early years and no mention of him either...
Tomix (28)
State Native

Postby John Cove » 05 Dec 2015, 18:23

Expected a bit more background about his personality & family. Tho there was some, so I'm fine with that.
Nice to see that the Fusion crew got a lot of time in the documentary, since they are the ones who found him/them. I also liked the part about CTRL ALT DELETE, it was indeed a groundbreaking track in that time.

I give the whole thing a 7/10. Also I think they should have add more music to this.
John Cove (30)
Crab

Postby John Cove » 05 Dec 2015, 18:27

Tomix:
Also what's the deal with Renegade? He accompanied the act in the early years and no mention of him either...

To be honest I never thought that he was an important part of NC, just a few bookings.

About Digital Age, that concept was lasting only for half a year or something? Wildstylez had some minutes in this tho.
John Cove (30)
Crab

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles