Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Why is Angerfist so popular?

Postby NEKA » 01 Feb 2015, 01:51

Realistically thinking: great marketing, "gateway" to hardcore music, outfit and cabability of producing huge tracks under many aliases with one of the best sound quality in hardcore scene, all of this under short period of time.
NEKA (22)
Producer

Postby DjPractice » 01 Feb 2015, 02:24

might as well ask why anyone is popular.........what a stupid question
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby diesal11 » 01 Feb 2015, 04:46

DjPractice:might as well ask why anyone is popular.........what a stupid question

Sure, popularity is expected. But his is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of his genre.
https://www.facebook.com/syndromeofficial
DirtyTok:Ohh Diesal you little Tweeke slut
diesal11 (22)
State Celebrity

Postby Mind Mayhem » 02 Apr 2015, 17:03

DJ Tazy:My fav tracks of his are incoming and Street Fighter. One of the great gimmick's using a mask is that Angerfist can go on even if Danny is sick, retires or dies. His face is not the image, but the mask.

Although that is true, I wouldn't say that if he retires or dies Angerfist goes on existing. What is he, some kind of robot or movement? ahahaha
I understand what you mean, but if he dies, Angerfist ain't gonna exist further, his tracks are pure quality and always have something original to them, something other producers can't manage to achieve.
Mind Mayhem (22)
State Newcomer

Postby Statical » 19 May 2015, 23:22

His attitude always impresses me. When the promotion company forgot to well...promote his 2012 Chicago show and forgot to get warmup acts, Danny still took the stage for under 100 people and even played an extended set to fill up the time that wasn't covered by the horrible event promoters.

Then afterwards he took the time to meet me and several others (probably helped that the crowd was so tiny).
Doing small things like that for fans turns them into fans for life. He still does this despite being at the top of the genre, so much respect.
Statical (25)
State Senior Citizen

Postby noiseshock_of » 20 May 2015, 04:15

Statical:His attitude always impresses me. When the promotion company forgot to well...promote his 2012 Chicago show and forgot to get warmup acts, Danny still took the stage for under 100 people and even played an extended set to fill up the time that wasn't covered by the horrible event promoters.

Then afterwards he took the time to meet me and several others (probably helped that the crowd was so tiny).
Doing small things like that for fans turns them into fans for life. He still does this despite being at the top of the genre, so much respect.

I have seen this with my own eyes. He really loves his job.
hmu if u agree
noiseshock_of (23)
Producer

Postby P.L.K » 20 May 2015, 10:28

Statical:His attitude always impresses me. When the promotion company forgot to well...promote his 2012 Chicago show and forgot to get warmup acts, Danny still took the stage for under 100 people and even played an extended set to fill up the time that wasn't covered by the horrible event promoters.

that sounds pretty impressive! Much respect :)
P.L.K (20)
State Celebrity

Postby Meltdown » 10 Jan 2016, 17:11

Cause he have the best music feeling with the poeple man when you talking hardcore the first name you will hear is angerfist.

i think it's all about feeling from his tracks you know ? darker track and violent stuff poeple like that and want that is perfect for angerfist cause this is his style. Don't forget he starded with this darker feeling and i think he will stop with this darker signature :p

I thibk that's nice cause he never change after all years he just evolve like every artists but his style still the same than the first day.

Don't forget he is very popular since lot of years now is normal for him to have more fan years after years

Can tell you for me is a nice producer really :)

And why Angerfist are one of my favorite cause he make High quality stuff and pretty nice idea, melody or things all times for every tracks
Is a beast really guys
Hardcore DJ/Producer at Masters of Hardcore

My Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/DJMeltdownHardcore
My Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/c/MeltdownDJ
Meltdown (23)
Producer

Postby icey » 17 Jul 2016, 19:12

I think I have only 1 Angerfist track
icey (29)
State Hero

Postby kraczk » 17 Jul 2016, 19:17

icey:I think I have only 1 Angerfist track

shitpost: the post

oh the irony
kraczk
State Senior Citizen

Postby hutzdani » 18 Jul 2016, 00:16

Anger fiat is only so popular because he evolves with the scene keeping it fresh for the next generation of people to jump on the mainstream bandwagon, he's not really that great 70% of his stuff is forgettable and the rest ranges from decent to legendary, but so many people just suck up to big name artists and never branch out to listen to other stuff that they just spam the shit out of his slname and tracks until they are baked into your head and he becomes synonymous with mainstream hardcore.

Frankly don't buy any hype make your own decisions about him there are way better producers with far more technical sounds than a lot of Angerfame's stuff
hutzdani
State Citizen

Postby bassfaceBAM » 18 Jul 2016, 16:14

hutzdani:Anger fiat is only so popular because he evolves with the scene keeping it fresh for the next generation of people to jump on the mainstream bandwagon, he's not really that great 70% of his stuff is forgettable and the rest ranges from decent to legendary, but so many people just suck up to big name artists and never branch out to listen to other stuff that they just spam the shit out of his slname and tracks until they are baked into your head and he becomes synonymous with mainstream hardcore.

Frankly don't buy any hype make your own decisions about him there are way better producers with far more technical sounds than a lot of Angerfame's stuff

Angerfist is incredible and what he has done over the years is nothing short of a miracle. I bet if any artist was told that only 30% of what they create will be considered decent to legendary then they would bite your hand off. When I hear thst certain producers use ghost producers due to time constraints I look at Angerfist who produces at an alarming rate and generally of good quality and still manages to play constantly around the world, it's breathtaking. Why is he popular? Like daft punk before him, he made a statement with putting on a mask. A persona, with a catchphrase to boot. People enjoy these sort of things and it's happened many more times with the likes of Deadmau5 and Gunz for Hire for example. His music while personally I think is great appeals to a wide audience because of his clever use of samples. Samples from all types of pop culture. He also became prominent to a new generation getting into hardcore for the first time. He also a very collaborative person and through him I discovered producers I may otherwise not of known. Above all that he is appreciative to his fans and seems genuinely humbled by his success. He never disrespects other genres and just keeps making really good hardcore and will hopefully continue to do so for a long time. He's also got a large part to play in Radical Redemptions success who essentially took the same template as Angerfist with the mask, megamix liveset and the real angerfist style of hardcore feeling in rr productions.
He's definitely one of my favourite hardcore djs and I'm sure he is many other peoples top ten
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Native

Postby Bibifoc » 18 Jul 2016, 16:51

Yeah he has made very good tracks in the past but the two last albums are deceiving, especially Raise & Revolt.
His best was Mutilate.
Like hutzdani said, he also makes/has made a fuck ton of boring tracks, and to be honest he doesn't promote the underground scene that much ... But I guess there's already Bloodcage for this (though it's not like Rude Awakening where Promo makes actual albums and much more music globally) , and if he was too much unconventional the casual people would start to leave his acts.
My Ambient/Noise/Speedcore projects : https://www.facebook.com/lamidesphoques
Or directly to Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/bibifoc-delabanquise
Bibifoc (23)
State Citizen

Postby wanderer » 19 Jul 2016, 04:09

He puts out so many tracks that a few of them are bound to be "b@ng0rz". Also he has a memorable live dj persona and A LOT of energy on stage.
wanderer (23)
State Citizen

Postby mercenary » 19 Jul 2016, 10:19

Meltdown:Cause he have the best music feeling with the poeple man when you talking hardcore the first name you will hear is angerfist.

His name comes up first because he's popular. That's not an explanation to the original question.

Meltdown:And why Angerfist are one of my favorite cause he make High quality stuff and pretty nice idea, melody or things all times for every tracks

For me his name and the word "quality" don't fit into the same sentence. But it's just a matter of taste, my definition of quality might be a little different. Hardcore is a very wide and diverse genre and represents a lot of things. For me Angerfist is the king of tokkiecore, he makes music for the masses, he resonates with their feelings and mindset, so perhaps that's why he is so popular. Not everybody is into artistic things, and in my eyes he's more like a craftsman - and a pretty decent one if you ask me - than an artist. So even though I don't like his music I admit that his first place is well deserved.

And there's a Catch 22 here. Because he's popular newcomers bump into his name first so he represents hardcore for them which only makes him even more popular. And only a small amount of people are curious enough to dig deeper to learn to differentiate between hardcore subgenres and to find their own favorites. And besides that it's truly understandable if he has - even after that - a special place in their hearts, because he was the one who introduced the world of hardcore to them.
mercenary
State Newcomer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles