Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Uptempo producer needs help/feedback

Postby JurreS » 02 Nov 2017, 16:08

Yo guys!

This is the first time posting in this forum and I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum but anyway:
My name is Jurre, I started producing uptempo a little while back and I need some feedback on my kicks and just some tips in general for a beginning producer!
I struggle a bit with making my kicks, I can get the basics down in a kick but never manage to shape them perfectly.

Here is a little track project I made a while back:
https://instaud.io/1oSU

And here are some kicks I made yesterday:
https://instaud.io/1oSW

I hope you guys can give me a push in the right direction because I would love to make a track on a better level!

Thanks,
-Jurre.
JurreS
State Newcomer

Postby NEKA » 03 Nov 2017, 17:32

Better punches, you seem to lack them. Give some good (even separate kick) punch and sidechain your kick with it.

Your kicks sound really stereo. With screeches and sounds, they'll drown in the mix.

I don't like uptempo that much, but I can tell what to fix in kicks. You have some nice distortion in them, but you could go for a bit more unique sound, not to drown in masses. DIfferent punches, distortion, keys etc.
NEKA (23)
Producer

Postby JurreS » 04 Nov 2017, 14:07

NEKA:Better punches, you seem to lack them. Give some good (even separate kick) punch and sidechain your kick with it.

Your kicks sound really stereo. With screeches and sounds, they'll drown in the mix.

I don't like uptempo that much, but I can tell what to fix in kicks. You have some nice distortion in them, but you could go for a bit more unique sound, not to drown in masses. DIfferent punches, distortion, keys etc.

Thanks for the reply! Do you maybe have some good tutorials on how to get a good punch in a kick?
JurreS
State Newcomer

Postby NEKA » 04 Nov 2017, 23:10

JurreS:Thanks for the reply! Do you maybe have some good tutorials on how to get a good punch in a kick?

Mostly my punches are just endless layers of different kick punches and sounds, so I can't tell any good way to do them ;D
NEKA (23)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles