Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Radical and Hardcore

Postby bassfaceBAM » 04 Dec 2015, 00:11

Just a question, loving RR new album that consists of raw and hardcore but one track Eastside Connection springs to mind and I find it difficult to pin the track as raw or hardcore. On one hand I feel it's very much a hardcore track due to the speed of it but the kick and bass pattern is more Raw. For hardcore veterans could u class this track as hardcore? And am sure it can be considered a crossover track but if u had to pick?
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Native

Postby kraczk » 04 Dec 2015, 14:04

For me it's 50/50 hardstyle and hardcore. If you sped it up to 170 it would be full-on Angerfist-esque hardcore, but at the same time it fits perfectly for ending a 155-160 raw set. Well, maybe it's just a *little* bit more hardcore than raw.
kraczk
State Senior Citizen

Postby Johnny250 » 04 Dec 2015, 15:42

I am strict at this topic. Imo there is a difference between Raw (including RR) in general and Hardcore. It's rather the other way around, alot of new Hardcore releases (e.g. new Angerfist LP) sound more like Hardstyle and I can just repeat myself, the speed of a tune has nothing to do if it's Hardcore or not ... but why is it so important to you? If you like it it's all fine? No matter the genre
Johnny250 (27)
State Hero

Postby bassfaceBAM » 04 Dec 2015, 16:04

Johnny250:I am strict at this topic. Imo there is a difference between Raw (including RR) in general and Hardcore. It's rather the other way around, alot of new Hardcore releases (e.g. new Angerfist LP) sound more like Hardstyle and I can just repeat myself, the speed of a tune has nothing to do if it's Hardcore or not ... but why is it so important to you? If you like it it's all fine? No matter the genre

It's because I like I want to know. I'm just one of those guys that when I hear something I like I want to know as much as I can about who produced it, genre etc. But thanks for the explanation. If you think newer hardcore is sounding similar to hardstyle then that could explain my increasing love for hardcore especially the newer stuff.
bassfaceBAM (29)
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles