Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

The UUUUULTIMATE headphones topic of the universe

Share knowledge about DJ'ing here (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Crankx » 30 May 2013, 12:58

Going with the KRK KNS8400 after trying them for a couple of days. A reliable headphone, that i can mix with at night, and when i throw on the monitors the following day, it will sound the same.

My Sennheiser HD202, which i use now, has way too annoying and boosted highs, and not enough lows. So everytime i make a track, it has too much lowend, and highs are missing.

KRK KNS-8400 to the rescue! (H)
"Worrying is stupid, it's like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain" - Wiz Khalifa
Crankx (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby M Unic » 26 Jul 2013, 14:20

I used to have a HDJ 1000 Gold but it broke at the joint.. (i heared this is a common problem??) i tried to save it with multiple solutions but it didnt work. I Now have Technics RP-DH1200 Headphones wich a great! :)
in succession from the past to the present.. and on to the future!
M Unic (25)
State Citizen

Postby discjunkies » 27 Jul 2013, 03:54

had the Sony MDR-V700 and upgraded to the HDJ2000's a while back
big improvement in quality love the 2000s
but my speakers connected to my cdj2000s blew and I now need to buy a new monitor

highly recommend the hdj2000s
discjunkies
State Tourist

Postby Kirrre » 04 Jan 2014, 12:54

Hello guys, i need help with choosing new headphones for my producing.

Right now im sitting with a gaming headset and thats against all the rules in producing music.
The price should be max 160€ or should i get more expensive headphones? Im producing hardstyle right now.
Kirrre (23)
State Citizen

Postby GamerZoneUSA » 05 Jan 2014, 00:09

Kirrre:Hello guys, i need help with choosing new headphones for my producing.

Right now im sitting with a gaming headset and thats against all the rules in producing music.
The price should be max 160€ or should i get more expensive headphones? Im producing hardstyle right now.

Audiotechnica atm-m50s
Soundcloud Facebook Page Part of the #Atmozcrew
GamerZoneUSA (20)
State Hero

Postby Kirrre » 05 Jan 2014, 16:52

GamerZoneUSA:
Kirrre:Hello guys, i need help with choosing new headphones for my producing.

Audiotechnica atm-m50s

I was at the store today and bought the Audio Technica ATH-M50. But think i need a soundcard because feels like theres more sound to catch. Think it will be the Asus DGX.
Kirrre (23)
State Citizen

Postby wsnnwa » 05 Jan 2014, 20:53

I use the Audio Technica ATH-M50. Definitely the best headphones for the price ($100 or so).
wsnnwa (25)
State Citizen

Postby AudaSpexx » 08 Jan 2014, 21:15

Using a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Gold since feb 2012. Can't get enough of those warm mids and that deep bass!

Lifetime warranty isn't bad! ;D
AudaSpexx (23)
Producer

Postby AudaSpexx » 08 Jan 2014, 21:18

Kirrre:I was at the store today and bought the Audio Technica ATH-M50. But think i need a soundcard because feels like theres more sound to catch. Think it will be the Asus DGX.

I would suggest an external soundcard to avoid as much noise-interference as possible. You want your audio-stuff to be as far away from your PC as possible. Trust me on that one. :)
AudaSpexx (23)
Producer

Postby CyrilHS » 12 Jan 2014, 17:19

I'm using now Pioneer HDJ 500 for almost 1,5 year. These headphones are highly recommended for people who want to save money!
CyrilHS (21)
State Newcomer

Postby RidiQless » 12 Jan 2014, 22:34

i'm thinking of buying the sennheiser hd 25 but i don't know if i should buy the hd - 25 sp 2 or the normal hd 25 c 2 which also costs 70€ more...what should i go for ?
ImageImage
RidiQless (23)
State Celebrity

Postby lamtak » 13 Jan 2014, 22:49

I have the C2, which is awesome and perfect, but the curled wire can be annoying if you're not interested in that
lamtak (26)
State Celebrity

Postby RidiQless » 15 Jan 2014, 01:03

lamtak:I have the C2, which is awesome and perfect, but the curled wire can be annoying if you're not interested in that

I prefer curled over normal cables so that's not a problem :)
ImageImage
RidiQless (23)
State Celebrity

Postby SeiHeiki » 15 Jan 2014, 12:48

is bose q3 worth the money? i tied all the headphones in a few shop and they seem to be the best sounding and most comfortable
SeiHeiki
State Newcomer

Postby Kirrre » 19 Aug 2014, 22:25

Got a pair of ath-m50 but feels like i want to upgrade. I produce alot but also listen very much to music.
I have checked out akg701 and hdj2000, will it be worth to upgrade from ath-m50? Will there be any drastic changes when producing etc?
Have problems producing with monitors in my apartment thats why i want good headphones.
Kirrre (23)
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles