Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Records that skip (scratches)

Share knowledge about DJ'ing here (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Esox » 18 Mar 2012, 23:45

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if some of you would have an answer for this : I have some of my records that are a bit fucked up. I mean most tracks work fine (let say 3 of 4), but one track seems like it has been burnt (on vinyl) a wrong way, cause when I want to play it, the needle jumps and keeps jumping, skipping some parts of the track.

By the way the sound of the track is like there were much dirt on the disc, while there's not. I've noticed that it jumps less often if you release some weight on the needle, instead of adding some pressure.

Anyone knows why this happens, and if there's a way to finally play the concerned tracks in a mix ?

To set examples, I have the "never fall asleep" disc from EA & Panic, where I can't play "Extreme Audio" due to this problem. Another one is Alien T "Bullets in their heads" with the track "rock the nation". I also have Tha Playah "Dicks pussys & assholes" where the remix of "Hit em" is nearly unusable...
Esox (35)
Producer

Postby Shadow Interaction » 18 Mar 2012, 23:49

kinda got a similiar problem with "Bullets In Their Heads", that vinyl doesn't play well either here... that's why nowadays i prefer CD over vinyl
Shadow Interaction (30)
Producer

Postby Esox » 18 Mar 2012, 23:57

I was wondering if there was a link with the type of tracks, so maybe there is... :?
Esox (35)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles