Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

My first Mix (Need support!)

Share knowledge about DJ'ing here (Shared HS/HC)

Postby FrazzilMusicMixer » 17 Dec 2012, 05:12

Hey guys i've decided to join the mixing world! My mixes will be Hardstyle, Dubstep, Trance and House music, but i'll be making most Hardstyle mixes cause that's my main genre. (H)

It would be nice and i would appreciate if you guys could give me suggestions on what i should add in, or songs that would be nice having in my newer mixes. I'm not the best editor either but i've tried my best with the video! :)

Hope you enjoy this mix it's mix between new and old songs that's nice to listen on the winter in my opinion... :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9te_iXCGSQg

I had no clue either where to post this so i guessed here would be good, if not feel free to move it! :)
FrazzilMusicMixer
State Outsider

Postby ItsHeavyMOFO » 17 Dec 2012, 06:47

No....just no.

Im sorry but using your fader to switch from one song to another shouldn't be called a mix. Djing is more than that.
malicious_kode: And yet paradoxically, despite it being relatively abundant, it is universally acknowledged that nobody listens to techno.
ItsHeavyMOFO (22)
State Native

Postby Jonas » 17 Dec 2012, 10:24

Looked at the tracklist, and the tracks doesn't fit very good together, you have to build your set up better with tracks that fit together, for instance The Words and Animal Side doesn't fit very well together, one is an uplifting and the other is more raw.
I will give you proper feedback on your transmitions (or whatever they're called) when I get home..
I'm just here for the music, man
Jonas (20)
State Hero

Postby scottyxander » 17 Dec 2012, 10:58

Just saying, but you should learn to beatmatch before uploading any sort of "mix".
scottyxander (23)
State Senior Citizen

Postby FrazzilMusicMixer » 17 Dec 2012, 20:24

Well that's why i need support and feedback, i'll work on beatmatching the tracks next time.
And everybody isn't pro at the beginning... (H)
FrazzilMusicMixer
State Outsider

Postby Vicious » 18 Dec 2012, 00:13

I practiced for a year or more before i started recording mixes let alone uploading them on the internet. Just practice yourself, Get your ears in tune with what a good mix sounds like.

Transitions i believe the are called Hawl :)
Vicious
State Hero

Postby FrazzilMusicMixer » 18 Dec 2012, 03:54

I'm working on that, thanks for the help :)
Gonna practice lots more on beatmatching and such ;)
FrazzilMusicMixer
State Outsider

Postby MKN » 18 Dec 2012, 21:46

I'll be honest I was exactly the same as you when I first started man haha
I uploaded a video of me on turntables trying to mix, and I remember very well... I titled it a "remix" cos I played with the EQ's on the mixer xD

If you hadn't have posted asking for feedback... you'd have never had this response... so now you've learnt and you'll know for next time :)
MKN (24)
Producer

Postby Jonas » 18 Dec 2012, 21:58

MKN:I'll be honest I was exactly the same as you when I first started man haha
I uploaded a video of me on turntables trying to mix, and I remember very well... I titled it a "remix" cos I played with the EQ's on the mixer xD

If you hadn't have posted asking for feedback... you'd have never had this response... so now you've learnt and you'll know for next time :)

About the same thing I did, but I used VirtualDJ instead. I actually also think I called it a remix :+

Keep it going man, don't give up. Don't rush it either though, take your time.. Took me 1-1,5 years to do a decent mix (actually I'm still not very good), but I wouldn't have the patience to keep doing it for 2 years now if I've just forced myself to mix to get better. Mix music when you feel like mixing music. If you don't, mixing music isn't for you :)
I'm just here for the music, man
Jonas (20)
State Hero

Postby no0 » 21 Dec 2012, 14:28

Keep at it! I've been deejaying for around a year. I use VirtualDJ & a Numark Mixtrack Pro & still only "okay" in my opinion! At the beginning I was awful, I listen to recordings I made and think what was I doing back then, haha. Practice makes pefect! Don't give up & like Hawl said "Mix music when you feel like mixing music. If you don't, mixing music isn't for you"
Last edited by no0 on 06 Jan 2013, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
no0
State Citizen

Postby FrazzilMusicMixer » 24 Dec 2012, 10:43

Thanks about virtual DJ i'll definitely download it and try learning it! In my position right now it's more like use computer programs only, after that i'll probably get equipment when i got the hint of it. Pretty stupid getting expensive equipment if i aint gonna continue with it you know. :p
FrazzilMusicMixer
State Outsider

Postby tranceology » 24 Dec 2012, 14:12

I found VDJ and it shot my interest up to the point I am getting a setup. Messing with VDJ I have realized I need work but with the right music I can do this. I may not be Ultra Music Festival good or even club or pool party good but I'm not after that. I'm doing it for me, it makes me feel good to mix my own beats and not be judged or feel let down. I had a mix tonight (thanks to a couple who helped me find some old school hardstyle) that sounded really good, not perfect but good enough I know with more practice and my setup I will be much better. My girlfriend is behind me 100% and even helped push me to do it. She never was one to go to clubs but she enjoys the music, not as much as I but still likes it. I let her listen to my recordings and she points out my mistakes and I point out she couldn't even tell I just switched songs without her realizing it ;-) This is with DJ pro, I like it but hate it. I want 2 hands not a point and click from a laptop but it has helped along with watching youtube! I so much want to learn more and love this forum for the info it has.

I guess I went on a bit but keep going at it and do it for your enjoyment and see where it goes from there.
Last edited by tranceology on 25 Dec 2012, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
tranceology
State Newcomer

Postby FrazzilMusicMixer » 24 Dec 2012, 14:33

Good history but abit sad, if you hadn't quit you've maybe been huge now! But i hope you catch up with it again. Aslong you're into it and want to do it, you'll make it after hard work and practice! :)
FrazzilMusicMixer
State Outsider

Postby tranceology » 24 Dec 2012, 14:44

Thanks for the kind words. It's 100% this time for my enjoyment and not for the wrong reasons. My enjoyment will be sharing what I mixed on the net for others to hear... as I do of others mixes
Last edited by tranceology on 24 Dec 2012, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
tranceology
State Newcomer

Postby FrazzilMusicMixer » 24 Dec 2012, 16:59

Of course it's for enjoyment not because you're forced hehe. But i hope that i'll hear from you! :p
FrazzilMusicMixer
State Outsider

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles