Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Q dance is going to be touring in America

Postby DJ Night Raver » 23 May 2013, 23:16

In this interview with Shelly Finkel who is with SFX (the company that bought ID&T) he says that q dance will be coming to a dozen cites in the USA

@35:35
Xone Events
DJ Night Raver (18)
State Citizen

Postby DJ Night Raver » 23 May 2013, 23:52

i wonder what cites they will come to
Xone Events
DJ Night Raver (18)
State Citizen

Postby sveinn95 » 24 May 2013, 00:06

DEFQON. 1 USA.... AWESOME !!!!
sveinn95 (19)
State Citizen

Postby DJ Night Raver » 24 May 2013, 00:07

i must be one of the very few people who are not excited about it
Xone Events
DJ Night Raver (18)
State Citizen

Postby Reverse Ghost » 24 May 2013, 00:29

DJ Night Raver:i must be one of the very few people who are not excited about it

Both of us being too young for their events in the US anyway, I'm pretty pissed.
<marmead> He's saying ... some gibberish, and it's like "nishabebe NOISECONTROLLERS"
Reverse Ghost (21)
State Hero

Postby DJ Night Raver » 24 May 2013, 00:35

as am i.......oh well maybe one day i'll host events and be as good as them and at my events the age limit will be 16+
Xone Events
DJ Night Raver (18)
State Citizen

Postby Reverse Ghost » 24 May 2013, 00:52

The only reason events are 21+ are because of stupid little shits around my age who parake in injesting what they think is "molly" and getting fucked out of their minds.
The 21+ crowd does the same shit as well, but it's easier to restrict the younger crowd than the older crowd.
<marmead> He's saying ... some gibberish, and it's like "nishabebe NOISECONTROLLERS"
Reverse Ghost (21)
State Hero

Postby DJ Night Raver » 24 May 2013, 00:54

Reverse Ghost:The only reason events are 21+ are because of stupid little shits around my age who parake in injesting what they think is "molly" and getting fucked out of their minds.
The 21+ crowd does the same shit as well, but it's easier to restrict the younger crowd than the older crowd.

Of course but it'll happen regardless people OD all the time at events
Xone Events
DJ Night Raver (18)
State Citizen

Postby shajo912 » 24 May 2013, 00:58

i think its great. im also too young to attend but it would be great to have the american crowd hear this music in its best atmosphere which is the legendary qdance stage
shajo912
State Newcomer

Postby Tekmymusic » 24 May 2013, 01:15

omg , now Hardstyle is going to a complete USA sell out tour (6) srsly ? 12 shows in the usa ? and 2 defqons ? there aren´t even enough people to fill the Q-dance stage on edc las vegas in 2012 ? only when the people see big names like headhunters, noisecontrollers ,... they go to this stage , but what would that look like if they made a whole festival with that music , with artist dont have big names but make good music ,..... :( R.I.P ID&T , R.I.P Q-dance :(

´´Edit´´

Don´t want to attack the hardstyle lovers from the usa , but you guys know the best there aren´t that much people in your country listening to that music , and when they do it´s because this music is ´´hip´´ , but i belive there are some real hardstyle lovers in the us , but for such a big step there are to less people
Last edited by Tekmymusic on 24 May 2013, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
Tekmymusic
State Tourist

Postby DjPractice » 24 May 2013, 01:16

yeah this is a really strange decision that could backfire easily. I heard EDC last year wasn't a great success so.....whatevs hehe
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Hero

Postby kinekt » 24 May 2013, 01:44

q-dance stage was amazing, between 5,000-10,000 people at all times. how is that not a success? it was the very first hardstyle stage in america EVER.

@tekmymusic -

Those are some of the most ignorant stereotypical comments I've ever heard. Dutch hardstyle is commercialzed TO THE MAX. In fact most americans prefer reverse bass, high energy dance music.. not the clap a long pop remixes that dominate todays hardstyle sound. Hardstyle has a draw of between 1,000 to 10,000 people in many cities. Why do numbers matter? Quality > Quantity. American hardstyle crowds LOVE the music, they arent there just cause its "hip".
www.myspace.com/kinekt - my dj profile
www.hardfrequency.com - hardstyle & hardcore online radio
kinekt (34)
State Tourist

Postby timdawes » 24 May 2013, 01:50

i find it unlikely there will be 2 defqons, i think saying "a festival or two" is just a throwaway comment.

the smaller cities thing makes sense, the US is a big fucking country, so they could get away with having 12 small club events, hell they had 3 in AUS in 2008 for the first events here.
Corrupted Singular:Ruffian: Excuse me gentlemen, is that some hot tea?? Indeed? EVERYBODY PUT YOUR ARMS OUT LIKE A T! WHIRL AROUND LIKE A T-HELECOPTER! THE T-REX OF THE HARDSTYLE INDUSTRY, THE TEACHNOBOY!
timdawes (30)
Admin

Postby Reverse Ghost » 24 May 2013, 02:12

What kinekt says is true. The guys who I showed Hardstyle to preferred harder and more aggressive sounding, and even some old non-cheese Jumpstyle.
I also highly doubt two of the same event in one country, that's just stupid. It's like Belgium having one Tomorrowland in the north and one Tomorrowland in the south. The amount of people who like the poppy shit is staggering, howeverjust because they're more vocal doesn't mean they represent a majority in terms of Hardstyle.
I'm speaking strictly on Hardstyle before anyone decides to bring House in the argument.
Reverse Ghost (21)
State Hero

Postby kinekt » 24 May 2013, 02:28

I wouldnt compare belgium to america, belgium is the size of 1 state lol. Electric Daisy Carnival takes place in 5-6 cities in america, so why would it be so weird for q-dance to do the same? not everyone travels across the u.s. to attend a festival, so offering the same experience in different cities is just a way to broaden the festival brand name. Sensation white is doing the same thing this year bringing 1 festival name to several different cities. I think anything is possible.

I hope hardstyle artists realize americans like it a bit different and bring us more reverse bass and more hard driving kicks. I was at q-dance stage at edc 2012 for all 3 days for every single minute. Multiple times they would cut out the mixer volume to get the crowd to sing a long and it was the most awkward silence every time. Then after excessive dongs someone finally played a high energy reverse bass and you could just hear the crowd erupt in a roar of WHOOOOOOOOO's and FUCKYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA's. Every single time.
www.myspace.com/kinekt - my dj profile
www.hardfrequency.com - hardstyle & hardcore online radio
kinekt (34)
State Tourist

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles